Rats, rats EVERYWHERE! ☹️

Pics
if this is what you mean by no waste feeder, then I already have them in my coops... They’re not no waste btw, especially with the guineas :gig
0875D05A-4158-4FC4-8558-38E43149E049.png

They can also get into a no waste feeder if that’s the case?
That's true. That's why they are so hard to get rid of. I found a good web site you might be interested in. Google SenesTech. Interesting. As for the Grandpa feeder I've read reviews of it where two or three rats got on the treadle and the others on their hind legs and are out of the feeder. Rats are like predators you don't have them until you do. I believe these rats came from across the street when my other neighbor lost all her chickens to foxes from her husband leaving the coop open one night.
I've had chickens since summer of 2018 and this is the first I've had a rat infestion.

I have a PVC feeder that mounts on the wall of my coop. BUT I saw a rat climbing up the corner post on my coop a couple of weeks ago. So I'm thinking they will climb up the wall and get into that feeder too. I haven't hung it yet as I want my carpenter to put up vinyl on my walls so they can't climb. He used that over the fascia boards on my garage so I would never have to paint them.

I my gosh I feel so bad for you with all this ratty chaos I’ve not had an infestation yet and I pray I never do and I know thatn your rats will clear up berry soom

My rats disappeared when my shrews moved in. I leave the little guys alone, chickens kill one every so often, but other than that they are my little watch dogs. Very territorial and venomous. I was using plaster of Paris doughballs with some success, prior to the shrews arrival.

Okay, this is the same thing I say to every member, read this article! It decimated my rat problem! I suggest the feeder (Grandpas feeder) that is suggested in the article! I bought one and love it! Fo more reasons then just keeping out rats! Look here for the Q&A section, and here for the purchase section! There is also another brand of feeder that will probably come up here, one made my Al Gerhart with also looks well made. You want to do everything that the article says, I highly suggest not using poison, for all the reasons and more listed in the article. I hope this helps! Article- https://backyardchickenproject.com/how-to-get-rid-of-rats-in-the-chicken-coop-the-definitive-guide/
Weeg, that was a very good article. Thanks for sharing that. No one should need anything else to read about the subject, than that article. It coves everything. :)

Back
Top Bottom