Rattlesnake Eggs

BlackwoodHollow

Songster
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Northeastish Ga
Got some eggs from a friend up in West-by God-Virginia today. We'll be setting them in about 48 hours. First off, a shout out to the man who delivered: Thank you, Kurt! @RattlesnakeRidgeWV

Alright, here are some pics of the package:

First box

A box within a box

(Double layered).

So, as you can see, the packing was great. Not much more you could ask for. And he sent extras! I'll update when we get things cooking.

bun.gif

We candled last night and there were 10 clears and 2 blood rings. Thank god Kurt sent extra.
And then there were 12.
The lucky dozen.
fl.gif

Last edited:
I'm watching too. The clears are blowing my mind. Neither myself or any other customers have had that many. Best of luck with your hatch. Come up with a trio or a quad at least. That is the way I started these BBS Ausssies.
Kurt

It has been a long time since I have hatched shipped eggs, but I have now joined your ranks. I just candled two dozen,10 day old eggs in the bator from two different breeders and I had 9 clear, either infertile or beat up by the post office that I chucked. Shipped eggs have always been a risk no matter how you pack them, but I have loved hatching ever since I was a kid!
Kurt

I'm watching too. The clears are blowing my mind. Neither myself or any other customers have had that many. Best of luck with your hatch. Come up with a trio or a quad at least. That is the way I started these BBS Ausssies.
Kurt
Kurt, those chicks are adorable! Little troopers.
wink.png

As for the clears, I think it is our shipping facility. I've heard numerous reports of rough handling through Nashville and Atlanta. It sucks too, you just can't get some types of birds without having them shipped in or driving hundreds of miles.

It has been a long time since I have hatched shipped eggs, but I have now joined your ranks. I just candled two dozen,10 day old eggs in the bator from two different breeders and I had 9 clear, either infertile or beat up by the post office that I chucked. Shipped eggs have always been a risk no matter how you pack them, but I have loved hatching ever since I was a kid!
Kurt
Aww, man, that stinks. That's about the ratio we dealt with. How are your cells on the remaining? Were there any busted during shipping?

We have 12 going in to lockdown tonight that look pretty good. The air cells are wonky on some of them, but here's hoping!
fl.gif
We are hatching them upright.

And we will be joining your ranks next week--shipping out our first batch to a friend. Wish us(them) luck!

Back
Top Bottom