Raw butt

Luettgenchicken

Songster
7 Years
Jan 2, 2017
Wisconsin
Hi-I was searching the threads and so some posts related to this. I checked the coop, no bugs, turned the chicken over and no bugs but I didn't see feathers coming in. Its not bleeding. I didn't get a great photo, the area is larger. I am going to go to farm store tomorrow but thought I would throw it out there. If no bugs, what else could it be? :( She is so sweet and I feel bad. She's a lavender Orpington. My husband named her Grey Bird. Original. She does come to that. ANyway, I digress. Any suggestions beside that purple stuff someone mentioned? TIA
Grey bird.jpeg

Hi-I was searching the threads and so some posts related to this. I checked the coop, no bugs, turned the chicken over and no bugs but I didn't see feathers coming in. Its not bleeding. I didn't get a great photo, the area is larger. I am going to go to farm store tomorrow but thought I would throw it out there. If no bugs, what else could it be? :( She is so sweet and I feel bad. She's a lavender Orpington. My husband named her Grey Bird. Original. She does come to that. ANyway, I digress. Any suggestions beside that purple stuff someone mentioned? TIAView attachment 3439610
Is she the roosters "favorite?" does she get pecked on? do they rip her feathers out? is she laying regularly?

Back
Top Bottom