Raw butt

I also noticed those two chickens have some yellow on their feathers in front. Do you think it has any relation?
9FC38CFF-A678-43D5-8523-AC3EAA7D8F2E.jpeg
FF4936F5-A65B-4F75-B732-8D68DE237EB8.jpeg

Ok she was in trying to lay today. Not sure she did. These are more pics of her but. But it goes up her back. And now another one has itView attachment 3441417View attachment 3441418
The yellow may be a bit of egg or it could be dirt.

On the bare bum, the feathers are broken, some have been plucked out too. I see a few tiny scabs where someone has picked at the bum.
Hopefully the NuStock will deter whoever it is.

Ok she was in trying to lay today. Not sure she did. These are more pics of her but. But it goes up her back. And now another one has itView attachment 3441417View attachment 3441418
I'm going through the same thing, but only one of mine has the raw butt. Not sure what is going on. Sprayed some Scarlex on it to prevent infection and gave the whole flock Corrid just in case. Checked for egg bound and didn't feel one. Mine isn't laying. I hope we find some answers! Could it be a molt?

I'm going through the same thing, but only one of mine has the raw butt. Not sure what is going on. Sprayed some Scarlex on it to prevent infection and gave the whole flock Corrid just in case. Checked for egg bound and didn't feel one. Mine isn't laying. I hope we find some answers! Could it be a molt?
I don’t think she’s laying eggs. This was today

I used that stinky yellow stuff someone mentioned above. Not sure if it helped or not.

Attachments

• A22A472A-0422-48D8-A2F6-341A3F215E73.jpeg
    A22A472A-0422-48D8-A2F6-341A3F215E73.jpeg
    976.9 KB · Views: 1
I don’t think she’s laying eggs. This was today
I was thinking about the molting and it’s possible because we did change the lighting in our coop, but only two of them were affected so either the other chickens are super chill and the change didn’t stress them out or it’s something else.

Back
Top Bottom