Raw egg yolk vs cooked

aldanfac

Songster
Apr 16, 2023
Maryland, USA
What is better? I am trying to feed my sick chicks more then just chicken feed I just gave them cooked yoke but they only poke at it if i move it around I was thinking since they’re good at drinking maybe raw yoke is good? Didn’t want to try before I asked though. Also egg whites good too i assume?

What's the symptoms with your birds? What's their set up?
Egg yolks are more nutritious than the whites for babies but their chick feed should be be fine without and add ins.
Raw yolk is messy.

Raw egg yolks are very good for boosting their energy! I know scrambled eggs are also good. But, yes, raw egg yolks are messy.

What's the symptoms with your birds? What's their set up?
Egg yolks are more nutritious than the whites for babies but their chick feed should be be fine without and add ins.
Raw yolk is messy.
I made a post with all the details I don’t know how to link it though… but basically I had a chick fall very i’ll the other night and pass the next morning :( I then focused all my attention on the other siblings and came to the conclusion they might be exposed to coccidia/coccidicios (i can’t spell those words for the life of me) He was super puffed up and droopy feathers with mucusy stool and I have noticed a red tint to his siblings stool but no full blood.. They are being treated with corid now the one who past never even got the chance to be:( I wanted to boost them up tho since they’ve also dropped weight

I made a post with all the details I don’t know how to link it though… but basically I had a chick fall very i’ll the other night and pass the next morning :( I then focused all my attention on the other siblings and came to the conclusion they might be exposed to coccidia/coccidicios (i can’t spell those words for the life of me) He was super puffed up and droopy feathers with mucusy stool and I have noticed a red tint to his siblings stool but no full blood.. They are being treated with corid now the one who past never even got the chance to be:( I wanted to boost them up tho since they’ve also dropped weight
That's a pity. It sounds more like intestinal shed but it doesn't hurt to treat Coccidosis.
Baby/chick vitamins will help and you can mix raw yolk into the feed.

Intestinal shed is normal, all chickens do it every few weeks. They'll be fine.
What about them being skinny what do you think is the cause? I believe it’s cocci and they are on corid so i’m hoping i found the solution but incase not what else would make them lose a bit of weight i’m so scared they’ll lose more

What about them being skinny what do you think is the cause? I believe it’s cocci and they are on corid so i’m hoping i found the solution but incase not what else would make them lose a bit of weight i’m so scared they’ll lose more
They're not supposed to be fat, just feed them their chick starter with egg yolk mixed in. They'll catch up. I know it's rough but you kind if have to 'harden your heart' to chickens, they can have life threatening issues at any age and are on everybody's menu.

Back
Top Bottom