since the pigs have to eat infected meat in order to be infected and the US regulations made a serious effort against the opportunity for commercially raised pigs to access infected meat... including things like rodent control to stop that lane also, it is very close to eliminated in pork in the US.

https://skepticalinquirer.org/exclusive/one-less-thing-to-worry-about-undercooked-pork/#:~:text=So developing trichinosis from eating undercooked pork is,the meat of wild animals, especially bear meat.
Interesting.. No seriously. I’ve always been into food processing documentaries and stuff.

since the pigs have to eat infected meat in order to be infected and the US regulations made a serious effort against the opportunity for commercially raised pigs to access infected meat... including things like rodent control to stop that lane also, it is very close to eliminated in pork in the US.

https://skepticalinquirer.org/exclusive/one-less-thing-to-worry-about-undercooked-pork/#:~:text=So developing trichinosis from eating undercooked pork is,the meat of wild animals, especially bear meat.
Very interesting,

Hi everyone! Just wondering if there were any raw feeders out there? I have four dogs that have been on a raw food diet (BARF) for about half a year. While still being fairly new to this type of eating style, I have seen nothing but improvement in my pack. Below is some of the food and prep work that I do. I’d love to see your pets and photos of their raw foods!View attachment 2781419
Ruger (Heeler), Zeus (German Shepherd), Daphne (Rough Collie), and Teaka (toy Aussie).
View attachment 2781420
Chicken quarters, chicken gizzards, chicken livers, egg, oats, Greek yogurt, pumpkin, fish oil, kelp powder, and their joint supplement.
View attachment 2781421
Sometimes meal prep helps a lot!

Interesting.. No seriously. I’ve always been into food processing documentaries and stuff.
I have been using the BARF diet for over 25 years. No allergies, clean teeth, glowing coats, and general good health. I have been in Tibetan Mastiffs for all those years and have bred and shown my dogs. I read Dr. Billinghurst's book, GIVE YOUR DOG A BONE, and did not look back. Actually, my first pup came with the condition I raw fed. I was terrified having come out of Vet Tech school and believing in nothing but quality dog food. The first night I fed raw chicken with bones to my pup I had the emergency vet number on standby. My TM gets chicken, beef, pork, fish, sardines, or lamb and such along with mixed veggies, plain yogurt, and some small amount of fruit daily. I give the sardines about once a week for the omegas. Typical snacks are carrots, bell peppers, and cucumbers. Once in a while good quality jerky or some piece of cooked meat as a snack. I save unsalted chicken broth too to pour over his dish once n a while. They all love that.

Attachments

• royce & me.jpg
    royce & me.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Royce's chicken.jpg
    Royce's chicken.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 3
I have been using the BARF diet for over 25 years. No allergies, clean teeth, glowing coats, and general good health. I have been in Tibetan Mastiffs for all those years and have bred and shown my dogs. I read Dr. Billinghurst's book, GIVE YOUR DOG A BONE, and did not look back. Actually, my first pup came with the condition I raw fed. I was terrified having come out of Vet Tech school and believing in nothing but quality dog food. The first night I fed raw chicken with bones to my pup I had the emergency vet number on standby. My TM gets chicken, beef, pork, fish, sardines, or lamb and such along with mixed veggies, plain yogurt, and some small amount of fruit daily. I give the sardines about once a week for the omegas. Typical snacks are carrots, bell peppers, and cucumbers. Once in a while good quality jerky or some piece of cooked meat as a snack. I save unsalted chicken broth too to pour over his dish once n a while. They all love that.
Sorry this reply was for the raw feeder above.

I’ve heard of that book and have been meaning to read it! A lot of people have recommended it to me. I love this post! I feel that people who feed raw are doing nothing but benefitting their animal friends.

Back
Top Bottom