Re-home 4 laying hens (San Jose, CA/ northern california)

Ibabz2

Songster
5 Years
May 14, 2018
I currently rent a house and the homeowner has changed her mind about having chickens in the backyard (as she is getting ready to sell the home). I've had them as little chicks since April 2018 and they are all laying. Would prefer they go to the same house or at least in pairs as they're all the same flock and I know moving is already going to cause a lot of stress for them. I've loved and spoiled them and this is truly heartbreaking so really hoping they go to a good home. I live in San Jose, California but would be willing to meet to drop them at a loving home.

Shadow - black australorp; brown eggs (docile and top of the pecking order)
20180826_192604.jpg
Ms. Frizzle - Black frizzle cochin bantam; cream colored eggs (small and a little noisy because she likes attention and treats)
20181012_173739.jpg
Powder Puff - Silkie bantam; cream colored eggs (bottom of the pecking order and a total sweetheart)
20180711_200901.jpg
Ginger - Rhode island red; brown eggs (smart, loves food and to fall asleep in laps)
20190224_120330.jpg
Please help!

Hi, I'm actually looking for a pair of young hens in the East Bay/Berkeley area. Our girls are large fowl so Shadow and Ginger would probably fit in best. Technically we are only zoned for two more (six total) hens. But if you like I could ask around about your bantams.

Our coop and run has plenty of space for them and we feed a good organic layer feed plus weeds and scraps. :) And the lucky girls are under a fig tree!

Hi, I'm actually looking for a pair of young hens in the East Bay/Berkeley area. Our girls are large fowl so Shadow and Ginger would probably fit in best. Technically we are only zoned for two more (six total) hens. But if you like I could ask around about your bantams.

Our coop and run has plenty of space for them and we feed a good organic layer feed plus weeds and scraps. :) And the lucky girls are under a fig tree!

Hello! I'll send you a message and yes it be great you could ask around about the bantams. Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom