re-posting a buy,trade,sell ad

mbrobbins

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Powder Springs, ga
I closed a buy,trade,sell ad, and I wanted to reopen it. When I reposted my ad It duplicated it , but it also duplicated all of the replies that were with the former ad for chicken hatching eggs. I didn't want to create a new ad, because I have to upload all the pics, etc.

Closing and reopening a classified listing is kind of like a toggle switch. If there is a specific reason that you don't want the commentary that follows...like in the case that you ran it as an auction format, then simply close it again and start a new classified. If there's a different reason then you can PM a mod and we can help you figure it out.

Last edited:
I asked a mod, and I was told to post my question and I would get an expert to answer me. I ran it as a buy it now ad, not as an auction. When we use to repost our ad, under the old system, the ad itself would be displayed, not all the old posts and replies.

It's confusing if you (or the buyer) put sold in the comments, because when you relist, buyers will get confused to whether it's sold or not. If you would like it reopened, I can do that and delete all the comments, and just instruct the buyers PM you privately. Then when you relist, there isn't the confusion there.

Having the comments of other people that have bought from you, could actually help you with new sales each time you reopen the listing.

Last edited:
It's confusing if you (or the buyer) put sold in the comments, because when you relist, buyers will get confused to whether it's sold or not. If you would like it reopened, I can do that and delete all the comments, and just instruct the buyers PM you privately. Then when you relist, there isn't the confusion there.

Having the comments of other people that have bought from you, could actually help you with new sales each time you reopen the listing.
Right.

You're saying that the item is sold by closing the listing. There is no need to state sold in the listing.

the best thing to do is post a all new classified. that way old bids wont show up. comments are fine its just the old bids.

Back
Top Bottom