Re-purposed trampoline to a chicken tractor!

ChickMow

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 26, 2013
Central Ohio

I used an L shaped bracket that is used for industrial shelves one on each side of the tractor.
Here it is with the tractor in the down position.(WHEEL UP)

Then I connected it to the frame of the trampoline by drilling all the way through and allowing it to hinge.
Then I lock it in place with a bolt that sticks out of the trampoline leg. (WHEEL DOWN)

Inside the tractor I have 2" PVC shoot with a cap on it that I put the feed down. The feeder hangs from the top of the tractor.
If you can see it, I then have 6 water nipples mounted on leg of trampoline. The bucket isn't on the tractor but I have a 5 gallon bucket with a shutoff and a quick disconnect for easy cleaning and fill up the water.

The trampoline is flipped upside down so the metal frame is against the ground making a tight fit to keep out varmints.
I took a 2x4 and ran it up on edge from one side to the other (that is the transition from metal roofing to the trampoline mat)
this gave me the angle I needed to have the water run off. The black part is the mat of the trampoline to provide shade. I held it down the with the springs of the trampoline hooked to the chicken wire. this pulls the wire tight. If you look at the top 2 pics you can see a orange tube running along the bottom of the tractor. This is 3/8 pex weaved in and out to make it more secure from predators. Then I just zip tied it to the rail of the trampoline. I also put pex on the top to hook some of the springs to. Also around the top of the trampoline, (originally the bottom) I took 1 1/4 PVC and bent it around the legs holding it in place with electrical PVC clamps.

The part with 2 white vertical lines is the hinged door with a lock top and bottom.
I have 25 freedom rangers in there. This tractor cost me $250.00 that is counting the feeder, nipples, PVC, Ext.
Most expensive part was the metal roof $60.00.

That is the most awesome thing yet. Hope you don't get mad at me for doing the same. What a good run, safe from hawks and others. Just so happens ,I have an old trampoline. Thanks for the creativity and God bless.

LWAYS LOOK ON CRAIGS LIST. PEOPLE GIVE THESE AWAY SOMETIMES BECAUSE THE MAT ROUGHTS OUT BUT THE FRAME IS GOOD.

Last edited:
We did the same thing!! But ours is connected to the chicken house. We can still move it if we want tho. We got our trampoline for free on Freecycle years ago, but when my husband was looking for things we already had to use for the chickens, it came in handy! Ours is right side up and just covered all with chicken wire. We have a free ranging peacock who keeps predators away from our girls. We have 6 Golden Comets ready to lay in a few weeks (hopefully).

We did the same thing!! But ours is connected to the chicken house. We can still move it if we want tho. We got our trampoline for free on Freecycle years ago, but when my husband was looking for things we already had to use for the chickens, it came in handy! Ours is right side up and just covered all with chicken wire. We have a free ranging peacock who keeps predators away from our girls. We have 6 Golden Comets ready to lay in a few weeks (hopefully).
Hi GoldenRed,
I just read your post and was wondering about the peacock for protection of your flock. Could you tell me a little more? Do you have just one? Will they keep coyotes and bobcats away? Thanks for the info...
Marie

Back
Top Bottom