re raising pullets/off season for PROFIT! $$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I've always raised chickens for the same reason I've always had dogs, cats and cattle.....I enjoy them. The cattle are the only one of the four that I make any money from, but I don't have any plans to get rid of the rest.

As far as farmers either making a profit or not.....everything to a large degree depends on the year and what our expenses vs the prices we recieve are.....and we farmers as a rule, don't have a whole lot of control over either of those things.

Just some info on TX poultry regs: Information:

During the 78th legislative session, H.B. 2328 was passed and signed into law. It authorizes the Texas Animal Health Commission to register domestic and exotic fowl sellers, distributors, or transporters who do not participate in disease surveillance programs recognized by the Commission. The Commission will be undertaking a rule development effort and will solicit input from all interested parties. As documents become available they will be posted to our web site for public access.

Bravo! well put... you are exactly right... I am focusing more on the city dwellers "pet chickens" and replacment chickens for local ranchers. If you focus on the chicken and not just "selling eggs" by the dozen you can make money. My average sale is 6-10 chickens per person. (sometimes 3 usually5/8 and lots of sals 10 or more)

In JUST one trade... I got for 10 pullets under 12 weeks old.......

2 C-O-M-P-L-E-A-T-E sets Sears Craftsman tools one metric and one inchesratchets/wrenches and sockets/ clothes/ garage sales items..... estimated value retail is $400
ep.gif

The man was a Dr and has lots of tools he did not need. (of course, I do not know how to use them, but my son in law does)

Selling chickens can be profitable. Its ashame to see such bitter sourpusses that can't make money selling eggs do not believe that someone else can make money. Some of the people that doubt are just plain funny!

Thank you for your encouragement. I will keep with it. Its good money, hard work and great excercise! I do PLAN on making this my extra retriement income. IT WORKS!
celebrate.gif

Quote:

Katy, keep up with your bitter and negative attitude, d-u-h There are hundreds of groups and people everyday looking for chickens and eggs on the interent,
bow.gif
th.gif
duc.gif
duc.gif
if you doubt that Katy....... sheesh! Read up on groups and bartering you may learn something.
ep.gif

I am sorry you do not believe my venture and your negative attitude will effect your business. Good luck to you anyway. I do NOT CARE if you do not believe me. Your loss if you cant read and learn something here.
th.gif

Let me see...... you do not believe me, so by telling others it will not work, then you somehow feel better? What is wrong with this? LOL I hope your business does well anyway. My point was to share tips on sales and marketing for selling/bartering chickens.
(30 plus years in sales and marketing) I have run "test ads" on various groups and craigs lists to see which ones work...... Then I place the ads and make the money. Just because YOU can't sell hens/eggs to make a profit does not mean that a prudent and hard worker can.... ENOUGH SAID (of course I have had lots of months of trial and error. It did not start out perfect. BUT ITS WORKING NOW.
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
Hardly jealous...just not buying what she's claiming.

"bitter and jealous" She is closed minded. I DO NOT CARE what you think OK everyone go check out barter and swap groups. This may work in your city/town maybe not. you will never know unless you try... ( do not let her sour attitude effect your profit! just see what you can swap for its really fun!)

Quote:

CHA CHING CHA CHING!!!! YOU GET IT......
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
:celebrate:celebrate yes it can be done. I am fast approching the "recouping all the costs" and even more profits.
I do make mistakes and have had losses but I have learned ... Its working now!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
:weee:weee

Quote:

Yes, I sell to "city folk" that think nothing of $15/$20 per POL pullet and lots of them. YOU have the vision and I think you may believe me. It works Thanks for the support.
Quote:

maf2008: You can call me names all you like....it does not bother me. Those who know me around here know what kind of a person I am. I am not bitter or jealous, but I know you do not believe that. I call them as I see them and you are painting an unrealistic picture for all the new people who are just getting into chickens hoping to make an extra dollar.

I do think you are doing a lot of creative book-keeping to arrive at your figures and that is not fair to the newbies on here.

I do sell my eggs via the internet, but I care about my chickens and am not raising them just to make a quick buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom