1. poultryfan73

poultryfan73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Tioga County Pa
    Im not asking for pitty but i know i can post things like this here on BYC. My barn caught on fire about 1 week ago. I lost all my birds but 4. I am in high school and ever since 5th grade i started an interest in raising backyard poultry. I was truely devasted, so the great friends that i have started a fund raiser and we got enough money to make a new coop which is really good. Will be posting many pictures as my new barn starts to develop. The coop is going to be 16 x 24. We are starting friday and i cannot wait. I miss having all my birds around so i cannot wait for it to be finished [​IMG]

2. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    [​IMG] I am so sorry!!!! I am glad you were able to get some money to build a new coop. I might have some hatching eggs next year that I can give to you [​IMG]

3. poultryfan73

Mar 10, 2010
    Tioga County Pa
    Thanks we are starting thursday by putting the posts in the ground for the foundation. Cant wait to get started [​IMG]

4. kimf

kimf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Seminole County, FL
    My heart goes out to you. [​IMG] I am new to chickens and have 4 week olds. I am hooked. I cannot imagine loosing them. So glad to hear you have such great friends and will be able to rebuild so quickly. [​IMG]

5. poultryfan73

Mar 10, 2010
    Tioga County Pa
    Thanks were starting tommrow!

6. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Glad you are getting a fresh start!! Looking forward to TONS of pics [​IMG]

7. johnsons-r-us

johnsons-r-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Eudora, Kansas
    [​IMG]

Wow, new coop! [​IMG]

That's great!

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Sorry to hear about your birds and your barn. Can't wait to see the new coop.

9. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Quote:Hey, glad to hear ya getting a new coop. Wish I were closer, I come help ya build it. By the way, was their any determination as to how the fire started? Did ya have electrical power to the coop? Was it investigated by local FD. Curious, am Fire Investigator in Louisiana. Good luck,
    Erik

10. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Hang in there and enjoy the new coop, this kind of thing happens, but that doesn't make it any easier. How many did you lose? Poor things, hope the remaining 4 do well in the new digs. Good luck building, cannot wait to see your new digs!luck building!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by