Status
Not open for further replies.
nobody is attacking you they are giving good info and it wasent what you wanted to hear and started an the attack
Thanks for reading my mind and letting me know it wasn’t what I wanted to hear.

My question again, from original post, was asking if anyone else had an eglu pro.

Sorry for any experience that may have helped you with your coop you asked about. I will now take my experience to those who may appreciate it and use it to better care for their birds as you seem to think we are against eglu. Its more we are trying to look out for you and the welfare of your birds.

In all reality, there is much more that can be done. This whole forum consists of experienced long time chicken keepers with a vast amount of knowledge about what chickens need most. I’m sure there is much more you can do directly to the company than to one person who simply asked if anyone else had an Eglu.

If the energy spent on reiterating the same thing here over and over again were used directly speaking with a company rep, I’m sure it would move mountains.
Hi- raising the chicks from day olds have already opened my eyes to so many things. The amount of work it takes to really care for them and not just treating them like egg producing things. I’m giving them my all and understand healthy and happy chickens are what we want.

But the people on here took me as Omlet and started throwing sticks and stones. Simply asked if anyone had one. Jeez, forgive me.
The best thing any experienced animal keeper can do is educate others. You started out with research, which is awesome, and came to the conclusion that Eglu was worth a try. Other people with other research and experience might look at Eglu and come to the conclusion that it's a total waste of time. It's a learning process.
If you and the chickens are happy, free of stress and health issues, and are comfortable with the coop, then that is wonderful, and it works for you and your flock. If not, then as you have stated then you have options so that you can make it work.
The best thing to keep in mind is that companies like Omlet operate by selling "features" to people who want the best for their pets that have the benefit of making the human feel good about the product but are not necessarily for the animal. More feedback will definitely help change that, but so would people boycotting products. For example, hamster wheels: most of them are way too small for the hamsters and running on a bend/curve actually causes spine and health issues, but the common understanding is that you need a wheel to exercise the hamster, so people wanting the best for their hamster buy one in good faith assuming that a company advertising products for animals will have only the best intentions and products for sale. In reality it's just a "feature" to make you spend money. If you get the right size of wheel and the right type it can be a benefit, but many people aren't aware of the pros and cons to it. That's kind of what's happening here - many people are concerned about the size of the coop and the potential issues with ventilation and are trying, in their own way, to express their concerns.
Now that we've got that essay out of the way:

Can we stop rehashing the same two points? Concerns have been expressed, possible cons explained, and possible solutions have also been put forth. They're aware of it all - now it's in their hands to make the decisions for their flock. Snapping, sarcasm, and belittling on all sides is not necessary at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom