Ready for the Government Shutdown?!?

It would be a wonderful thing. Then, when the people begin to realize that much of the government is nothing but redundant bureaucracies, designed to do nothing but create a legitimate"welfare" class, which will rise up, in protest, when their secure paycheck is threatened by the people who are actually supporting them.

What have they now found? Twenty three airliners with stress cracks.....Yeah, that FAA is really doing a bangup job, aren't they?

Since we have established that military personnel won't be getting paid. Let's do something to help them everybody. If you know someone that is in the military lets give them an extra hand. If you can afford it, buy them some groceries or give them a little extra to pay their mortgage. Let's not rely on the governement. We don't need the governement to tell us what charity we give to. If this isn't resolved and the governement does get shutdown, I will be going to my church and setting up a fund for military personel. Especially the ones with husbands overseas.

Quote:
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
You're my type of man!!!!!

Edited to add "read my quote"

Last edited:
I have a friend in the Navy. He posted something on FB about their commisary closing and the not only will the men and woman of our armed forces having to buy more expensive groceries, but they will have to be doing it with out a pay check. Really sad if you ask me.

Quote:
This. It costs money to shut down the government and costs to restart it. There are no savings.

This isn't about savings. The level of misunderstanding people have about how the government works...
idunno.gif

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:
This. It costs money to shut down the government and costs to restart it. There are no savings.

This isn't about savings. The level of misunderstanding people have about how the government works...
idunno.gif

so why are they doing it?​

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Quote:

idunno.gif

The cutting of 100 billon(will never be that large but should be) is about saving tax payers money. No shutting down goverment is not about saving ,but getting the cuts is. How much more of China's money can we spend'​

I work for the state and last year we had to work without pay for almost a month. I'm a healthcare worker, so I'm considered "essential" and had to report to work. The credit union was advancing pay to people, but only if they had A+ credit... What a joke. There was a lawsuit, and I think I got a few bucks in "interest". Now because I'm in a union that I had no choice but to join, our contract is under major fire by the new governor. They're closing state hospitals left and right. If I try to find a new job, where do I go? Plus, if I would get a second job, it would have to be "approved".

Back
Top Bottom