Ready for the Government Shutdown?!?

I'm mad enough to spit...and that all I'm going to say because the rest of it would burn a hole in the computer screen
duc.gif
smack.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
he.gif
tongue.gif

This just makes me sick! Our great servicemen and women as well as police, firemen and other public service people won't get paid while the fatcats up in Congress sit on their rears counting our hard-earned money that's going straight to their pockets.

Quote:
Yeah, I think so too - that lot gets paid too much for doing not enough!
Most of those elected break a lot of their promises anyhow.

Quote:
I cant get it to link..i tried copy and paste..
Can anyone get this up for me to see? Thanks!

welcome-byc.gif
whiteflare

About searching stuff on "Snopes"?

Someone said it was not true about the government shutting down according to snopes on my facebook?

I did but did not really find anything.

Last edited:
well no wonder nobody is buying pizza this week. I never watch the news so I didn't know about all this stuff. Surprisingly, my SIL in the military hasn't Facebooked anything about it either.
hu.gif

Even if you aren't paid directly from the government, the people who are can't put that money into the other businesses.....like I said, nobody is buying pizza. Scared I guess. And gas went up. And hubbs was given a work schedule with zero hours on it. Fun times. He hasn't worked there long enough to qualify for partial unemployment, but even if he did I guess they wouldn't be paying it.

Quote:
The gas has been up for a long time now. There have been a few days of brief respite, but it usually goes back up to 1.51 or similar soon after.

Just got this in my FB feed from a friend who is currently serving in Iraq:

"Well its official! The government took $1009.96 from my check and called it a "debt payment" Everyone is checking their MyPay accounts and finding out that we're not getting paid. Politicians are getting their pay. I don't get $100,000. a year like them and they don't have to face IED's. How fair is this? Screw the soldiers once again"

Needless to say, I'm incredibly disappointed in my country right now. Incredibly. I'm not even sure I remember when this guy when over to Iraq, but I know he's already had me in tears when he took pictures of the letter his young daughter wrote him for Valentines Day, and now this. Disgusting.

I hope everyone votes in the next elections and votes OUT every single person in Congress. Every single one.

Back
Top Bottom