Ready for the Government Shutdown?!?

Quote:
I am a gov't civilian, and considered "non-essential." That does not mean that I don't perform a valuable service, it just means that nobody dies if I don't come to work. And, FWIW - American taxpayers don't pay my salary. So I'm basically screwed for no good reason.

However...I do NOT want the gov't to pass a stop gap measure just to prolong its inability to agree on anything. I would rather it "shut down," even though my family would suffer, if it would mean that we would get closer to agreeing on a fiscally viable budget (although I'm not convinced that it would).

No, it would not save the gov't any money, and I truly hope that we would get back pay. But...something does need to be done, on a national scale.

Obviously, you are not an air traffic controller. Of course, they now have a sleep on the job clause, in their contracts, so people can die, even when they do go to work.

The post office is heavily subsidized, so what government agency do you support]
ing? DEA?​

Last edited:
We are a military family, and my husband WILL have to report to work, CAN be deployed, and WONT be paid indeffinetly if the government shuts down. Leaves me looking at our 3 children and farm and wondering what we will do.

Our base is full of "non-essential" employees, they run the commissary (where we grocery shop) many work in the hospital and clinics as nurses ect. These people wont be at work and wont be paid. Oh but Cogress will be paid even if the government shuts down!

How am I supposed to buy groceries for my family, maybe the people up in congress will buy them for me with thier triple digit salary? Haven't we sacraficed enough already?! They're holding our pay hostage, CRAZY!!!

22622_206861_122041364539724_100002015828166_147646_5340499_n.jpg

I've heard conflicting information this week, especially about military pay. IMO, it would be disgraceful, insensitive, and ungrateful if the military/families are not paid. I would like to see from the president on down, including VP, House, and Senate, all lose their pay for all the shut-down days and NO retroactive pay either. Of course, they can make it up as lobbyists later!
duc.gif

Quote:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!
bow.gif
bow.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Congress should NOT be paid if the people who are sacrificing their lives for THEM don't get paid! "WE THE PEOPLE" are paying their salaries, and they should NOT be paid anymore than we should be paid if WE don't work!
Enough of the "nanny state" which has had a part in getting us where we are today.
Get out and work!

If the government shuts down and congress gets their pay and the military does not,every single one of those men and woman in congress better not expect my vote or support.
I do hope congress does the right thing,but I don't see that happening.....

Back
Top Bottom