Ready or not!

Your babies really do love you! Way to go! I really love the whistling/peeping.

Thanks! One, Estelle, is definitely more talkative than the others and quite the drama queen when I pick her up. They all like to "talk" to me when I first see them in the morning. Very cute!

I just thought I would show you the bag. For me, this product is great stuff.

duck food.jpg

27C14720-AF42-4EA3-B078-5FBA21083CD9.jpeg 41E5B6FD-4BE4-4E68-AC48-6BD6E28895DB.jpeg 45A82F8F-EDEE-467A-B2EB-6D8811EB07B8.jpeg 29DC1DAF-4FEA-4175-8086-1ECE78432AF4.jpeg 5C629A42-F41E-4B6B-A032-90559E4601F9.jpeg

They’re getting big! Two are quacking already but I’m still not convinced they’re all female. Only time will tell!

The largest one in the group seems to be having trouble holding up the weight of her wings filled with blood feathers. She holds them down farther than the other two and keeps twitching them. I don’t believe it’s angel wing, but they just look awkward. I’ll keep an eye on it. She is definitely the pig of the group, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she was getting more protien than the others lol.

I’m loving the sheen-y colors in their feathers! Even though they are quite patchy at the moment, they sure are beautiful :love

My ducklings dont require much heat they sleep on a heat pad nest on high first week then on med then low i use an forced air auto shut off space heater at night to keep garage a comfortable temp but i have not needed to do much i also keep their water dish in a pie pan makes a big difference. Ducks are gross :)

Ok, no one ever warned me how much I would fall in love with these birds! Growing up, I was always told by my parents that birds were dumb, dirty things but that is SO far from the truth (well, ducks are pretty messy, BUT! Lol) I am just in love with these girls. They have such personalities and are just so much fun to watch. Every day I can’t wait to go home and sit with them out in the yard.

In this video they were totally still (very rare!) just listening to the birds in the tree.
https://www.facebook.com/chelsealmiller89/posts/10212185701426238

Back
Top Bottom