Ready to go to heaven? UK poultry auction site

OMG. OMG. I just spent about 20 minutes surfing the UK auction site. You're right. Dang. Didja see the "slight seconds" coops???

Plus the chickens, so many kinds.... AUUUGGGHH!!!!
droolin.gif

I am sorry but I don't see what is so "Heavenly" about these sites.
Just another couple of poultry auction sites, a few nice birds but mostly just pet type chickens that we have a lot of here.

OK, I am sorry but I don't see what is so "Heavenly" about the birds on these sites. Is it because they are from the UK?
Just a few nice birds mixed in with a lot of average or less birds. Did you notice the prices on these sites?

Quote:
No, its not because they are from the UK it is because those are some of the most amazing colors in exsistance, compared to what we have here, and yes I did notice the prices thay are extremely inexpensive! Only $30(a few dollars difference between our money and theirs) for a pair of Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons that have spectacular type compared to what we have here

The grass, or indeed, the feathers, are always greener. Plenty of folks here would love to have some American breeds such as Delawares, etc, as something different. I shall be working on lavender x buff colurs next year, but still with birds you can get in the states too! (Although araucanas here do have tails, and massive head featherings, I have one chick who is probably going to bump into a lot of stuff when she's feathered out)

56402_p1000073.jpg

She has really cute chicky fuzz sprouting out under her eyes and across the top of her head now! Here she is hatch day

Quote:
No, its not because they are from the UK it is because those are some of the most amazing colors in exsistance, compared to what we have here, and yes I did notice the prices thay are extremely inexpensive! Only $30(a few dollars difference between our money and theirs) for a pair of Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons that have spectacular type compared to what we have here

What I am trying to say is that I see nothing spectacular about the birds listed, yes they may have a few colors you want but we have just as many that they do not. I am not sure of the rate of exchange is now but the last time I bought something off EBay from the UK the pound was almost twice what the US dollar is. So your 30 pounds is really $60, for average birds, and that is just the starting price.

The chocolate wyandotte chicks are listed as coming from the stock af the creator of chocolate, but it's no one I've ever heard of before. I am pretty sure that chocolate wyandottes were created by Dr. Clive Carefoot.

Back
Top Bottom