Real Talk Please/Best Euthanization Method

cervical dislocation, most humane way. I can understand you don't want them to feel fear. So this would be the best way in my book. Its over before the chicken even has time to notice what is happening. Best of luck to you, hope it doesn't come to that for you. 💜💜

cervical dislocation, most humane way. I can understand you don't want them to feel fear. So this would be the best way in my book. Its over before the chicken even has time to notice what is happening. Best of luck to you, hope it doesn't come to that for you. 💜💜
Thank you. She has a reproductive issue and is declining. She ate today and is still walking around some. More breaks with eyes closed but I know the day is coming. Her feeling fear is the worst part for me hence asking this question. Thank you all so much ♥️

Thank you. She has a reproductive issue and is declining. She ate today and is still walking around some. More breaks with eyes closed but I know the day is coming. Her feeling fear is the worst part for me hence asking this question. Thank you all so much ♥️
Let me describe how it went for me today - it may help you. The most fear they felt, I think, was when I was catching them up and they tried to get away. Yours won't, I know - but I say this so you know these birds were somewhat fearful of me already.

For each one, I carried him in my arms, talked to him and stroked him. He was alert but calm and peaceful. There was no struggle or fear. As I held him upside down, he flapped for a moment to get his bearings, and then calmed again. I bent over to place his breast and head on the ground, and he did not resist nor try to get away; he trusted me. I held his legs up, and he held himself still with head on the ground. Still no fear. I placed the broomstick across his neck just behind the head (he's still calm and quiet), and quickly put my feet on the stick on either side, and just as quickly pulled up on his feet until the neck snapped.

I think it's not so much your girl's fear that bothers you; it's your own. That's okay and I understand. She will be okay. She won't feel a thing. And with you or your husband - the two people she knows best - holding her and talking to her before the deed, she won't even suspect what's coming.

Let me describe how it went for me today - it may help you. The most fear they felt, I think, was when I was catching them up and they tried to get away. Yours won't, I know - but I say this so you know these birds were somewhat fearful of me already.

For each one, I carried him in my arms, talked to him and stroked him. He was alert but calm and peaceful. There was no struggle or fear. As I held him upside down, he flapped for a moment to get his bearings, and then calmed again. I bent over to place his breast and head on the ground, and he did not resist nor try to get away; he trusted me. I held his legs up, and he held himself still with head on the ground. Still no fear. I placed the broomstick across his neck just behind the head (he's still calm and quiet), and quickly put my feet on the stick on either side, and just as quickly pulled up on his feet until the neck snapped.

I think it's not so much your girl's fear that bothers you; it's your own. That's okay and I understand. She will be okay. She won't feel a thing. And with you or your husband - the two people she knows best - holding her and talking to her before the deed, she won't even suspect what's coming.
Thank you so so much. My husband would be doing this. He feels confident. I wish I could afford to take them all to the vet and have them euthanized but that’s just not a viable option. I can’t take 7 girls at some point to vet. Besides I feel as if that would be more scary for them! I would feel relief to know this option is quick and something I can use in the future when my girls need it. Thank you so very much ♥️

Back
Top Bottom