Realeasing doves for weddings or funerals???

sticks22

Songster
11 Years
Aug 5, 2008
Grove, oklahoma
I heard of some that release doves for weddings and for funerals. What breed would be raised for either and is there a market for them for these two events? If so, what could you charge for them (per bird)? I would imagine that you problably could get a little more money for these events as opposed for selling them to eat, right?

I'm pretty sure those white "doves" are actually pigeons. Atleast that's what i've read numerosut imes that weddind and funeral doves area ctually pigeons, but are called doves because it sounds prettier and cleaner (for people who think pigeons are dirty). They fly back to their breeders roost once they are released.

Quote:
'
Yes they are white pigeons. That is what my friend uses. By the time she gets back home they are already there in their pen.
Chris

Quote:
'
Yes they are white pigeons. That is what my friend uses. By the time she gets back home they are already there in their pen.
Chris

that's awesome I've thought of raising homers for that but i'd honestly get an ucler in my stomach worring about my favorites! LOL!

Quote:
Is she limited in how far she takes them? Like does she only do weddings and such with in certain radius of their home pen?

Yes there is limit on how far she takes them. I am not sure how far that is though.
chris

I believe it's limited by weather, too. No cloudy days and all that, or the birds will get lost. Sister-in-law was going to have them released at hers, but the handler canceled on account of weather.

Also . . . I thought doves were pigeons?

Back
Top Bottom