Really bad diarrhea

I give them garlic and acv water once a week.

Should I start giving them chicken feet too?
I would start to give Cupcake a scrambled egg with millet and fine rolled oats once a day to regain some strength. You can add the dewormer to it.

And let her have some Moro carrot soup 20 minutes before serving the scrambled egg, as it will line the intestines and bind the bacteria before the feed comes through.

I would start to give Cupcake a scrambled egg with millet and fine rolled oats once a day to regain some strenght. You can add the dewormer to it.

And let her have some Moro carrot soup 20 minutes before serving the scrambled egg, as it will line the intestines and bind the bacteria before the feed comes through.
For how many days should I feed her Moro carrot soup?

Their abilities of treating chickens aside, the vets in your area should be able to analyze a swab (cloacal and oral) and sreem a sample of droppings for parasites etc.

I hope you get things figured out soon for your sweet girl!

I know when my one chicken got sick with something else (perhaps an injury could fall in to this category?), she got coccidiosis. The vet said when their immune systems are weakened, it sometimes allows coccidia overgrowth and they need treatment. Is a fecal float an option for you at a local vet?

Edit to add: I just saw you said you have no local vet options. I'm sorry!
Believe me when I say thaf if I had a local vet, life would have been so much easier for both me and my girls 😅

For how many days should I feed her Moro carrot soup?
At least 5-7 in her case. It tastes very nice and does not have any bad side effects. Prepare fresh every 3rd day and keep in the refrigerator. The other chickens can have it too.

Warm up to room temperature before feeding it.

Their abilities of treating chickens aside, the vets in your area should be able to analyze a swab (cloacal and oral) and sreem a sample of droppings for parasites etc.
Nearly everyone here is a self proclaimed vet. I'll be sure to ask the next one I visit if he can perform a test.

I would start to give Cupcake a scrambled egg with millet and fine rolled oats once a day to regain some strength. You can add the dewormer to it.

She is looking worse today.
When I let them out to free range, she sat down outside the coop. When a hen came, she even put her head down and for a second there I thought she was dead because she was not picking her head on her own.

I immediately gave her the carrot soup and antibiotics. Her droppings had a little blood in them.

Attachments

• 20220302_154925.jpg
    20220302_154925.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 4
She is looking worse today.
When I let them out to free range, she sat down outside the coop. When a hen came, she even put her head down and for a second there I thought she was dead because she was not picking her head on her own.

I immediately gave her the carrot soup and antibiotics. Her droppings had a little blood in them.
She is feeling a bit better than before because she is drinking water on her own. But she is drinking a lot of it. Her crop has nothing but water and the soup now. Should I try to take out her pus from the foot? I'm afraid since she isn't feeling well, a lot pain might cause her to go into a shock.

And I placed the soup bowl outside and everyone seems to love it!

Back
Top Bottom