1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Really Cool Roosts !!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Karen Doll, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Karen Doll

Karen Doll Out Of The Brooder

Oct 18, 2012
    I just had to share this awesome idea that my husband, David, came up with for my girls !!! After that devastating pre-winter snow storm we experienced here in the Northeast (we're in eastern PA) last October, we unfortunately had a LOT of tree damage. One of our several lovely old Birch Trees had several broken branches. After, my husband trimmed off the troubled branches, he then quite creatively cut them to size and screwed them into my chicken coop for roosts. The ladies LOVE them and they look COOL !!!! Just thought, I'd pass along this creative and recycle friendly idea !!!
    Have a CLUCKY day !!!!!

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Hi & [​IMG] Great idea and I'm sure it looks great but where are the pictures? [​IMG]

3. Dudu

Dudu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    ─Žal Luqa, Malta
    Yes, pics please!

4. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I use a natural cedar limb that is from 3" to 5" in diameter. They seem to like it. I took this pic with the IR coop cam in the middle of the night. That's why it appears black and white. It looks like I may have interrupted something between the two on the right!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by