Really good Ebay scam email.........how do I report?

FLchook

Songster
12 Years
Oct 27, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Just recieved a really convincing fake email from "ebay" They are saying I have a non-payment strike against me. Of course they want me to log in to do anything, and I certainly am not. This is a good one, someone worked hard on it. So everyone be warned.....new scammers out there <sigh>

Anyway, I how do I report it to ebay?

Thanks

The same thing happened to me. Go (as in type in the web address) to E-bay and sign in securely. DO NOT use the link in their e-mail. Somewhere on the site there is a link to where you can report fraud. Do it at once.

forward it to [email protected]

I get them all the time.
Remember everyone to log in safely to anywhere, type the web address manually in the browser bar.

Or if you hover your mouse pointer over the so called link to your account, in the lower left corner of your email program you will see where the link goes. I betcha it is NOT ebay but www dot blah blah blah/ blah/ebay blah

http://www.ic3.gov/
The
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA).

IC3's mission is to serve as a vehicle to receive, develop, and refer criminal complaints regarding the rapidly expanding arena of cyber crime. The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations

Back
Top Bottom