Really liking this feeding system from Revolutionary Chicken

@arizona_chicken_noob here’s my review.

I love this feeder! I’ve seen a couple of pigeons here and there, but nothing like what I was dealing with previously. I can tell my flock has the hang of it, the level of feed has dropped a little bit and I can see sink holes. So happy I gave this a try! I am going to be sure to have an additional container available in case this one fails, you know how the sun is here.

I’m also loving the water cups. The water seems to stay cleaner. I may try an additional half block under each of the buckets since the cups are at the bottom. I want to discourage the pigeons from coming in for water as well.

I’m so happy I found your thread!

Last edited:
We are having a similar experience then @igorsMistress and I am just so pleasantly surprised that there doesn't seem to be a "catch". It's all just working as intended. I'm so glad that you are getting the same results!

The roof rats have come to my neighborhood and they are so secretive, but I feel a lot better knowing they aren't getting any chicken food. The cottontails come in my yard and chew up my drip irrigation tubes for water, and I've seen them using one of the watering cups now. I guess I'm not mad if it means I will replace fewer drip lines. Critters 🐹

I've ordered the "spouts," and intended to use them on existing containers, for my chickens.

Curious, though, if there is a product similar to this for quail? I'm losing a little too much to waste with them.
When I had quail I kept their feed in those trough feeders you can get, usually for chicks. Less waste than anything open like a dish. They were still a little messy, but not too bad.

Maybe the red ones with the two rows of holes on top?
Yeah, like this. I had a cover over the top so it wouldn’t get wet as my quail were outside.
8849D098-D7A1-43B0-85FD-0EC71D246ABB.png

Back
Top Bottom