Rear mangled - pecked down to muscle/organs

Kind of looks like my legs looked after I was burned badly. No one suggested euthanizing me, and the wounds looked worse than they were, and they were pretty bad. It took around six weeks and all new skin grew over legs that looked more like fresh butchered beef.

The only thing standing in the way of your rooster recovering is if you assess your time commitments and find you don't have time to devote to his wound care for the next several weeks. There is no shame in culling when you haven't got the time for this demanding project.

Twice daily flushes with saline wound wash and keeping wound salve on the wound will keep bateria under control and you should start to see new tissue growing from the edges toward the center.

If he should take a sudden decline, going lethargic and won't eat, losing strength, behaving sickly, that would mean his body is losing against bacterial infection, and then you probably would want to euthanize.
Can’t tell you how much I appreciate the tips and advice! Definitely going to do what I can for him!
Question… can I give him some pain relief via aspirin and his drinking water and should I dose him with an antibiotic as a precaution? I have Tylan but I’m not sure that is the correct product.

Back
Top Bottom