Reasons to live in the South

OMG everyone hating on Florida!!!
hmm.png
smack.gif

MFB is a sweetie. So is Sourland
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Don't anyone take it the wrong way, I love my d**n Yankee and I'm about as Southern as Southern can be....this is something my husbands co-workers use to tell him

Beautify the South put a yankee on a bus.

Plus the first time we went to visit the SIL we went to a ice cream parlor. well needless to say my daughter gave the SIL a lesson on the word pecan. Told her that a pee can was something that truckers used and a pecan was something you eat. The SIL told DH that he needed to give the daughter some lessons in manners. She also didn't like it when I correct the way she was saying Talladega.

I have several "Yankee" friends I love dearly. I just find myself referring to a rude person from the north as a "Yankee" often. It makes no sense I know, because quite often I get many more rude people from here....
hu.gif

Lets face facts, the southern accent is not the smarties sounding one around. A brain surgeon with a southern draw is a scary thing. But most yankees sound like the guy from the micro machines commercial to us.

An ya have to ask yourself, when was the last time anyone referred to the norther accent as sexy...

Quote:
I have accepted this as fact, yes. I actually have two different "Phone voices" I have one where I can hide my accent completely. This is the one that I used while doing Tech Support. Hence why it made no sense for them to make fun of me. I have hardly ANY accent there. Now, I also have my normal old accent. Still not as pronounced as some I've heard, but it *is* there.

I mainly was talking about a handful of men from New Jersey who would call in. RUDE RUDE RUDE. And they had THICK ACCENTS! Made no sense to me why they would find it funny to make fun of some girl in NC...
idunno.gif

Don't y'all be hating on Florida! I was born there. At Pensacola Naval Air Station as a matter of fact.
cool.png

Sourland, the day you start being good will be the day I stop finding new broodies in the coop.
tongue.gif

OT (like we aren't already) - Y'all say your prayers for Kane. His foot is not healing and he's on antibiotics now.

Quote:
I have accepted this as fact, yes. I actually have two different "Phone voices" I have one where I can hide my accent completely. This is the one that I used while doing Tech Support. Hence why it made no sense for them to make fun of me. I have hardly ANY accent there. Now, I also have my normal old accent. Still not as pronounced as some I've heard, but it *is* there.

I mainly was talking about a handful of men from New Jersey who would call in. RUDE RUDE RUDE. And they had THICK ACCENTS! Made no sense to me why they would find it funny to make fun of some girl in NC...
idunno.gif

you mean " nu joysee" as they say it
tongue.png

Quote:

idunno.gif

I have two completely different voices too. I can talk southern, which I prefer, or I can be all proper like. What a PITA that is.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom