Here is my first batch of chicks form Crfarm- 5 Splash Marans chicks
74819_1040466095727_orig.jpeg

74819_2040466095728_orig.jpeg

The brooder
74819_9040464697521_orig.jpeg

The brooder shed that I built myself last winter-
74819_2040495183799_orig.jpeg

hugs.gif
so sorry ..... we had disease hit us too from swap birds (on a much smaller scale) and said it will never happen again ....
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
So we started out again with chicks,we built a new coop (well 2 new coops)....I'm so scared of getting disease again I probably go too far with the bio-security...(I'm not even sure about getting hatching eggs --- that even scares me).. but it can be so heartbreaking .... so good for you to have the courage to try again after a loss.... good luck to you and your chickens
hugs.gif

After reading your post I have to say you have shown more wisdom that a lot of the flock owners I've seen. Plus it takes a lot to tell all with the things you did wrong. I could take your post and go so many different directions but I'll say thank you for your honesty from an old man. Now I've have more wisdom.

Last edited:
I am very sorry for your loss, and want to thank you for telling your story. I have just started with chickens and have been dying to get more and more, but I think I will slow down and be happy with what I have. I will get more maybe next year and build the coop and run first. This time I just went to the store and bought chicks, hubby had to hurry up and build for them.
The new chicks are looking good, Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks again for your wisdom.

Quote:
You're right, it takes a lot of courage to admit the mistakes we all make. It shows what a great person he is.

I have to agree with these statements!
thumbsup.gif

I am so sorry for what has happened but the important thing is that you have learned from your mistakes.
hugs.gif
I hope all the best for you as you start over.
fl.gif

I did not take any of my culls to the local swaps this year because I was too afraid I would have to bring them back home if I could not re home them. That was something I was not willing to do on the chance they might have been exposed to something there.

Back
Top Bottom