Rebuilding my Farm

Ok, here is one-

Steers vs coop

I was walking to go milk Bella, when I saw Pancake in the chicken pen. I stood there puzzled, wondering how did he get in there, and November came in view. *sign* Both of them?!? I keep Maybelle in the chicken pen at night, so I can milk Bella, so I thought that they were keeping her company. Ok, whatever, got to milk Bella, then I saw it. Dropped the milk pail and the udder wash pail. I was so flipping mad! I HAD JUST A WEEK EARLIER FIXED THE COOP FOR THE WINTER!

Pictures are a thousand words right? THESE SAYS A MILLON!!!!
The steers- last spring, they are a year old now.

Pancake

November

Last winter-

Now-

I grabbed a pitchfork and beat the the steers out out of the pen with the handle, while my dog nipped at their heels. I banished them to the wood pasture.

The plastic covering is the GREENHOUSE plastic, NOT cheap stuff!

Last edited:
Ok, here is one-
Steers vs coop
I was walking to go milk Bella, when I saw Pancake in the chicken pen. I stood there puzzled, wondering how did he get in there, and November came in view. *sign* Both of them?!? I keep Maybelle in the chicken pen at night, so I can milk Bella, so I thought that they were keeping her company. Ok, whatever, got to milk Bella, then I saw it. Dropped the milk pail and the udder wash pail. I was so flipping mad! I HAD JUST A WEEK EARLIER FIXED THE COOP FOR THE WINTER!
Pictures are a thousand words right? THESE SAYS A MILLON!!!!
The steers- last spring, they are a year old now.
Pancake

November

Last winter-

Now-

I grabbed a pitchfork and beat the the steers out out of the pen with the handle, while my dog nipped at their heels. I banished them to the wood pasture.
The plastic covering is the GREENHOUSE plastic, NOT cheap stuff!
*gasp* Oh no!
Who knew cows could be so destructive! lol

In Re: Farmerboy16's typically destructive cattle ...

Who knew they could be so destructive?
Anybody that had somethin' they could step on, or knock over, or pull out/down/etc. ~'-)

Banishing them ain't gonna do, and they'll forget that slightest pain your whacks w/ that pitchfork inflicted all too soon (gettin' so mad leads to high blood pressure, and buying/replacing handles). They'll be back, even if only to lick those feed bags ...

But, my main reason for responding is to help spare you the greater heartache and economic harm of what these steers will do to themselves: They will possibly eat hay and/or feed 'til it's way more than enough to kill 'em. They will eat the ropes, and the feed bags, and the plastic itself, as if they were goats, and despite the fact it's likely to kill 'em. And, if they can get to fertilizers 'n such? They'll eat that, too, even though it'll absolutely kill 'em.

I'da suggested puzzle-piecing that plastic, to try 'n figure how much of it was eaten, but it's already been a couple days since your post ... it'd be a good idea to go check on 'em; make sure they don't appear to bloated, and look for fresh patties as proof of no blockage. And, should you find 'em w/ your foot, rather than your eyes? Don't consider yourself too unfortunate ... by far, the worse luck would be to not find 'em at all.

keep an eye on your steer. Animals are pretty smart and really dumb at the same time.

Heard of a woman whose dog went out to the orchard and ate all the cherries he could find. Turns out, cherries are highly poisonous. Dog died. Cattle is about the same, same with chicken. If they can get into fertilizer they will. to them, its grit.

As for your steer,
goodpost.gif
(see previous post).

And always, store your fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides way away from where you store your feed or stored grain. Years and years ago, I've heard people nearly dying from contaminating their own stored grain by "storing" bags of treated seed grain on top. Some of that reddish (fungicide) washed into their own stored grain for food. I think most are careful these days... ya never know...

keep an eye on your steer. Animals are pretty smart and really dumb at the same time.

Heard of a woman whose dog went out to the orchard and ate all the cherries he could find. Turns out, cherries are highly poisonous. Dog died. Cattle is about the same, same with chicken. If they can get into fertilizer they will. to them, its grit.

As for your steer, :goodpost: (see previous post).

And always, store your fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides way away from where you store your feed or stored grain. Years and years ago, I've heard people nearly dying from contaminating their own stored grain by "storing" bags of treated seed grain on top. Some of that reddish (fungicide) washed into their own stored grain for food. I think most are careful these days... ya never know...

In Re: Farmerboy16's typically destructive cattle ...

Who knew they could be so destructive?
Anybody that had somethin' they could step on, or knock over, or pull out/down/etc. ~'-)

Banishing them ain't gonna do, and they'll forget that slightest pain your whacks w/ that pitchfork inflicted all too soon (gettin' so mad leads to high blood pressure, and buying/replacing handles). They'll be back, even if only to lick those feed bags ...

But, my main reason for responding is to help spare you the greater heartache and economic harm of what these steers will do to themselves: They will possibly eat hay and/or feed 'til it's way more than enough to kill 'em. They will eat the ropes, and the feed bags, and the plastic itself, as if they were goats, and despite the fact it's likely to kill 'em. And, if they can get to fertilizers 'n such? They'll eat that, too, even though it'll absolutely kill 'em.

I'da suggested puzzle-piecing that plastic, to try 'n figure how much of it was eaten, but it's already been a couple days since your post ... it'd be a good idea to go check on 'em; make sure they don't appear to bloated, and look for fresh patties as proof of no blockage. And, should you find 'em w/ your foot, rather than your eyes? Don't consider yourself too unfortunate ... by far, the worse luck would be to not find 'em at all.

Thanks for all the helpful posts. The steers are fine, still kicking. lol
I don't keep any fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides here at the farm, don't like any of those stuff. Besides with all those animals I have here, who needs those stuff? LOL

Ok, next story before I go to work. Been very busy!

Chicken vs Window

I was heading out to milk my cow, and was passing by my layer coop when I thought that they can be let out to free range. So, with the milk pail in one hand, and the udder wash in the other hand, I opened the door....

Crash!!!

I stood there covered with glass and in shock.

I went on the steps and looked in, to see if there was a dead chicken under the window. Nothing there, no blood, zip, nada, I looked for each chicken to find any bleeding, again, no blood, zip, nada. Dumb chicken!!! I picked up 38 pieces of glass. I still have not fixed the window yet, dealing with the chicken coop first. *sign* The bigger window shattered a last year by a flying pebble from a lawn mower. It shattered in Billion pieces.

Back
Top Bottom