Reccomended toys for budgies

I'm not sure. I don't entirely know what that means. They are young males (pink ceres). Does 'pair' just mean that they are close/friendly? Give been asked of they were a 'bonded pair', but I wasn't sure what that meant either. Does that only include male/female relations? They feed and groom each other.
I am guilty of not being clear in my questions. "Pair" is just two. A bonded pair usually means a mated male and female, but it can mean two birds that are strongly attached to each other or to another... Like my serama rooster is quite bonded to me as is one of my tom turkeys who follows me everywhere; much like a friendly dog.

What we should have asked is; Are your budgies a male and female or are they a mated pair? Two males will get along nicely and bond. I used to raise budgies; English and American standard. Budgies are great little birds.

I am guilty of not being clear in my questions. "Pair" is just two. A bonded pair usually means a mated male and female, but it can mean two birds that are strongly attached to each other or to another... Like my serama rooster is quite bonded to me as is one of my tom turkeys who follows me everywhere; much like a friendly dog.

What we should have asked is; Are your budgies a male and female or are they a mated pair? Two males will get along nicely and bond. I used to raise budgies; English and American standard. Budgies are great little birds.
They are two males that are very attached. They get terribly upset if separated even for a little while. I tried to train them separately but one just screeched with distress until they were together again. They have to be within sight of each other when I work with them. They eat together, feed each other, cuddle, etc. They are a joy to watch.
And thank you for the information as well as telling me about your animals. It's always enjoyable to read up on pleasant subjects that people are passionate about.

Mind if I inquire, what's it like to have turkens?! Are they anything like chickens?

Mind if I inquire, what's it like to have turkens?! Are they anything like chickens? In many ways turkeys and chicken are much alike. My turkeys are Midget Whites and Royal Palm. They are friendly, curious, bossy to other birds, don't like changes, more intelligent than chickens (not by much) and, at times, really irritating.

Mind if I inquire, what's it like to have turkens?! Are they anything like chickens? In many ways turkeys and chicken are much alike. My turkeys are Midget Whites and Royal Palm. They are friendly, curious, bossy to other birds, don't like changes, more intelligent than chickens (not by much) and, at times, really irritating.
Goodness I am sorry for that typo! I have turkens and must have typed that instead of turkeys! Thank you for the reply! They sound a bit mischievous. Are they generally friendly or more standoffish?

Goodness I am sorry for that typo! I have turkens and must have typed that instead of turkeys! Thank you for the reply! They sound a bit mischievous. Are they generally friendly or more standoffish?
The toms are friendly and the hens more standoffish. Their breeding season has started and the hens have gotten mean and jealous with the long tail chickens. I have a Yokohama and two Phoenix hens. All three hens have new chicks. I've had to lock the turkeys out of the coop because of the bullying meaness that the turkey hens have towards the new chicks and moms. Things settle down as soon as the turkeys have nests and eggs/poults
AAAturkey on nest.jpg
of their own. This is Penny. She started laying eggs in December a couple years ago. When she decided to brood we moved her nest to the whirlpool tub. Of the 18 eggs she laid 18 poults hatched.

turkey poults.jpg

TURKEYS ARE VERY MISCHIEVOUS!

I don't like most of the toys that are sold at pet shops, but I have found a range of toys that are made of natural material, so I buy them for my birds so that they always have something to play with.

Since all my parrots are Australian natives, I give them branches from the native plants we have for them to rip apart. The branches only last for a day or two, but they love ripping them apart and it encourages natural behavior.

My budgies have mirrors and bells and beads. They don't use their swing. I built them a little playhouse out of cardboard and they seem to enjoy it. A simple stick with a string or ribbon tied to it entertains then for long periods of time. They are starting to get more playful-

I have a bit of money set aside, and I thought about buying them a little bird gym, maybe some new perches, and something they can chew on.

Thing is, my local pet stores are limited, and typing in Bird Toys on the internet gives so many choices. Wood and plastic and shiny, chewable- all these bells and whistles with half reviews complaining and the other half praising the products.

What are some GOOD reccomended toys for my birds? Links are appreciated!

-cardboard playhouse. They like entering and exiting the window. And they won't play with the ball but they enjoy pushing around an old water bottle.
View attachment 2027752

I found a decent deal on this activity center.
Both Piper and Scout were wary at first but when I added a sprig of millet they warmed up and have even decided they like the swing!
Easy to assemble though I didn't care for the glue that was included.
Birds are happy. I'm happy. Good deal!
It's probably easy to just make one, but when I found this for $20, I decided to try it out. The reviews were 50/50 on good/bad but I like it.
20200220_153906.jpg

Back
Top Bottom