Received Leann's Adopt Me Bargain & Rainbow Layer Assortment today

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by alogue5173, Mar 6, 2013.

1. alogue5173

alogue5173 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2012
    Harrison, Georgia
    Out of 55 shipped chicks all but one arrived alive and healthy. Gorgeous assortment of chicks!
    In the Leann's special I got easter eggers, polish, silkies and several other varieties. In the rainbow layer I received more than 5 varieties. Very pleased with this shipment. I was a little anxious because the last batch I ordered were DOA. I'm glad I gave Meyer another chance!

2. chicknfun

chicknfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Bunnell, FL
    [​IMG]
    Sounds like you will have a nice assortment there!!

3. ButchGood

ButchGood Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'm glad your chicks came in OK. I've ordered chicks multiple times and have never had a dead chick. The mistake I made was only ordering 2 breeds on my first order. You did it right, you'll have a colorful egg basket when they start to lay.

4. alogue5173

Sep 11, 2012
    Harrison, Georgia
    I'm so excited...I can hardly wait...although chicken math is starting to catch up with me :)

5. ButchGood

ButchGood Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Central Texas
    I usually get new chicks in the mail every spring. This year I'm going to try incubating some different kinds of eggs. Im going to collect some of mine that crossed, and some of my neighbors EE's and whatever else I can find. Gonna try to hatch some turkeys too. My chicken math is way off here.

6. alogue5173

Sep 11, 2012
    Harrison, Georgia
    I haven't had very good luck incubating lately...I don't know if it is the weather or my incubator. Very poor hatch rates [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by