Received my First Order from "My Pet Chicken"

gjfarm

Chirping
15 Years
Feb 4, 2009
Montana
....and I am delighted. Just got an urge Sunday night that I needed more chickens. I ususally get mine in the spring, but thought I would get some this time of year so they would be laying come springtime and they could free-range on the new grass. They had a standard (large fowl) assortment sale for $47.50 (includes shipping). So I ordered them online the evening of August 15th since they showed August 16th availability for shipping. I did check the weather maps to make sure they wouldn't be travelling thru any excessively hot/cold spots. By golly, they were shipped on the 16th and I received them early this morning the 18th. These are some of the plumpist, healthiest, active chicks I have received from a hatchery in a long time. They advertised at least 5 varieties and I received 6 types, plus several extras. Having fun trying to determine what breed they may be. Evening now, and they are all eating and drinking like crazy without any sign of stress.

Quote:
I've had nothing but positive experiences with MyPetChicken.com too. Congratulations on your new babies!!

Hi gjfarm... I googled "ordered chicks from mypetchicken" and arrived here at your post. My chicks were shipped the same day as yours and they were all healthy yesterday, but I noticed one this morning, the smallest of the bunch, was really lethargic. She is hanging on but I don't expect her to survive:( And now I see one of the faverolles is acting the same. How are yours doing? Maybe I am doing something wrong. This is my first experience with babies... my others were all at least 4 weeks old to start.

I posted a couple on my blog (can I say that here?), but I am here because I fear I am losing a couple of my new babies... I have tried everything that I have read as suggested here to no avail. I expect to have 1 less in the morning. Poor little thing. Just wanted to see if gj's chicks were all still ok.

Last edited:
myeveryday graces.....

So sorry to hear about your chicks. Mine are all doing fine. One thing I do is to grind my chick crumbles into mash (can't get mash here), so they can eat easily for about he 1st week. Any symptoms?...pasty butt, chill, etc. Sure wish I could help.

22371_img_2778.jpg
[/img]
22371_img_2777.jpg

Back
Top Bottom