Received my First Order from "My Pet Chicken"

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by gjfarm, Aug 18, 2010.

1. gjfarm

gjfarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    Montana
    ....and I am delighted. Just got an urge Sunday night that I needed more chickens. I ususally get mine in the spring, but thought I would get some this time of year so they would be laying come springtime and they could free-range on the new grass. They had a standard (large fowl) assortment sale for $47.50 (includes shipping). So I ordered them online the evening of August 15th since they showed August 16th availability for shipping. I did check the weather maps to make sure they wouldn't be travelling thru any excessively hot/cold spots. By golly, they were shipped on the 16th and I received them early this morning the 18th. These are some of the plumpist, healthiest, active chicks I have received from a hatchery in a long time. They advertised at least 5 varieties and I received 6 types, plus several extras. Having fun trying to determine what breed they may be. Evening now, and they are all eating and drinking like crazy without any sign of stress.

2. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Awesome!

3. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:I've had nothing but positive experiences with MyPetChicken.com too. Congratulations on your new babies!!

4. myeverydaygraces

myeverydaygraces New Egg

Aug 19, 2010
    Willamette Valley
    Hi gjfarm... I googled "ordered chicks from mypetchicken" and arrived here at your post. My chicks were shipped the same day as yours and they were all healthy yesterday, but I noticed one this morning, the smallest of the bunch, was really lethargic. She is hanging on but I don't expect her to survive:( And now I see one of the faverolles is acting the same. How are yours doing? Maybe I am doing something wrong. This is my first experience with babies... my others were all at least 4 weeks old to start.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Where are the pics????!!!!

6. myeverydaygraces

myeverydaygraces New Egg

Aug 19, 2010
    Willamette Valley
    I posted a couple on my blog (can I say that here?), but I am here because I fear I am losing a couple of my new babies... I have tried everything that I have read as suggested here to no avail. I expect to have 1 less in the morning. Poor little thing. Just wanted to see if gj's chicks were all still ok.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  7. gjfarm

gjfarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    Montana
    myeveryday graces.....

So sorry to hear about your chicks. Mine are all doing fine. One thing I do is to grind my chick crumbles into mash (can't get mash here), so they can eat easily for about he 1st week. Any symptoms?...pasty butt, chill, etc. Sure wish I could help.

[​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by