Recent Experience with Greenfire?

mountaintopchicken

Songster
12 Years
May 23, 2007
Anyone have any recent experience with Greenfire? Are they doing o.k. with getting their orders out on the date they are supposed to be out? By the way, anyone know why Marans were taken off their list of breeds on their home page? They had a deal with Bev and were sending out birds from her breeding, but now their home page doesn't list Marans.......

Anyone? The reason I ask is I had an order that was supposed to go out today, but no one contacted me. I e-mail last week and called twice to find out if the order was being mailed, but no response. I'm starting to get nervous. Now I don't know if I have birds in the mail headed my way or not, and no way to find out.

What did you order?
Being that you made inquiry on the same day as shipment they may respond you the following day. I know they have a LOT to tend to on that farm.

Keep us posted.

What did you order?
Being that you made inquiry on the same day as shipment they may respond you the following day. I know they have a LOT to tend to on that farm.

Keep us posted.

A pair of BC Marans. Issue resolved. I finally found someone in the office. They are no longer working with Bev, and it turns out they do not have the BC Marans pairs available for a while. I got a refund. At least now I know what's going on! It's nerve-wracking not knowing whether or not you have birds coming and no way to find out.​

Thanks for the update!
It looks like we have discovered the mystery of why the Marans are no longer visible on the Greenfire Site!
Now as to why they no longer carry them?

I apologize for any delay in getting you the marans from Greenfire Farms. When the birds went into moult this fall egg production dropped 95% off its peak, and unfortunately shipping became delayed. We also had some casualties from a particularly hungry bobcat.

In the past two months we decided to focus exclusively on our imported birds for a while, so reluctantly let go of Bev's marans and freed up limited pen space. Bev is a great person, she has beautiful birds, and we continue to enjoy our friendship with her. Perhaps one day we can build some more pens and once again breed marans.

Back
Top Bottom