Recent Experience with Greenfire?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by mountaintopchicken, Nov 16, 2010.

1. mountaintopchicken

mountaintopchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Anyone have any recent experience with Greenfire? Are they doing o.k. with getting their orders out on the date they are supposed to be out? By the way, anyone know why Marans were taken off their list of breeds on their home page? They had a deal with Bev and were sending out birds from her breeding, but now their home page doesn't list Marans.......

2. mountaintopchicken

May 23, 2007
    Anyone? The reason I ask is I had an order that was supposed to go out today, but no one contacted me. I e-mail last week and called twice to find out if the order was being mailed, but no response. I'm starting to get nervous. Now I don't know if I have birds in the mail headed my way or not, and no way to find out.

3. Conventio Liberi

Conventio Liberi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2010
    Indy!
    What did you order?
    Being that you made inquiry on the same day as shipment they may respond you the following day. I know they have a LOT to tend to on that farm.

Keep us posted.

4. mountaintopchicken

May 23, 2007
    What did you order?
    Being that you made inquiry on the same day as shipment they may respond you the following day. I know they have a LOT to tend to on that farm.

Keep us posted.

A pair of BC Marans. Issue resolved. I finally found someone in the office. They are no longer working with Bev, and it turns out they do not have the BC Marans pairs available for a while. I got a refund. At least now I know what's going on! It's nerve-wracking not knowing whether or not you have birds coming and no way to find out.​

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I wonder the deal is.....I hope Bev took her birds back.

6. Conventio Liberi

Nov 3, 2010
    Indy!
    Thanks for the update!
    It looks like we have discovered the mystery of why the Marans are no longer visible on the Greenfire Site!
    Now as to why they no longer carry them?

7. Conventio Liberi

Nov 3, 2010
    Indy!
  8. stoneunhenged

stoneunhenged Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    USA
    I apologize for any delay in getting you the marans from Greenfire Farms. When the birds went into moult this fall egg production dropped 95% off its peak, and unfortunately shipping became delayed. We also had some casualties from a particularly hungry bobcat.

In the past two months we decided to focus exclusively on our imported birds for a while, so reluctantly let go of Bev's marans and freed up limited pen space. Bev is a great person, she has beautiful birds, and we continue to enjoy our friendship with her. Perhaps one day we can build some more pens and once again breed marans.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I hope you catch that bobcat!

10. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    So is Bev back to selling them now?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by