Recessive Red eyed cinnamon/silver guineas (New pics)

Pics
Quote:
Hi Casa, Yes they lay like mad in the warmer months...... Guinea eggs are quite small in comparson to the size of the bird, and the shells are VERY thick..... I have eaten them they are nice.

Thanks! Maybe we will try some one day. We are primarily in it for the eggs....not much on meat use, but I do like to have the pretty ones, and an interesting flock
smile.png
I have a few bantams, the small eggs are ok because they are so cute
tongue.png

Quote:
Hi Casa, Yes they lay like mad in the warmer months...... Guinea eggs are quite small in comparson to the size of the bird, and the shells are VERY thick..... I have eaten them they are nice.

Thanks! Maybe we will try some one day. We are primarily in it for the eggs....not much on meat use, but I do like to have the pretty ones, and an interesting flock
smile.png
tongue.png

bemba is right, they lay like mad... mine start in January sometime and quit sometime in September (depending on the weather). They may skip a day every 10-14 days but they are pretty consistent with an egg a day. The eggs are a little richer than farm fresh chicken eggs, the yolk to white ration is more 50/50, and the yolks are much darker if the Guineas are allowed to free range for the majority of their diet. Very tasty and good for you! You have to keep tabs on the Hens tho, they will wander off and nest in the bushes and tall grass where predators can get them, and the eggs. Sometimes my Hens like to share nests... and as you can see the accumulating egg pile can get out of hand real quick, lol.
201003082250494b95e1b97efe3-1.jpg

201003082247384b95e0fa94e73-1.jpg

201003111713034b99870f52e83_2.jpg

Quote:
I collect eggs to eat they are good eating. If you collect the eggs from the nest they will keep laying heaps of eggs so you will have a good supply for 2 or 3 months

Quote:
I would love to know how you get a pearled white?... as since the pearling itself is white... it wouldnt show up
hmm.png

Still waiting on those pics ozguineafowl
wink.png

ZACH '96 :

Quote:
I would love to know how you get a pearled white?... as since the pearling itself is white... it wouldnt show up
hmm.png

wink.png

Zazouse here at BYC has a pearled white. She called it a Pearly White.... There is some controversy that its not really a white.... I have no particulars. Its a very pretty bird. White birds here just as well paint a target on them. too many predators.​

Quote:
smile.png
tongue.png

bemba is right, they lay like mad... mine start in January sometime and quit sometime in September (depending on the weather). They may skip a day every 10-14 days but they are pretty consistent with an egg a day. The eggs are a little richer than farm fresh chicken eggs, the yolk to white ration is more 50/50, and the yolks are much darker if the Guineas are allowed to free range for the majority of their diet. Very tasty and good for you! You have to keep tabs on the Hens tho, they will wander off and nest in the bushes and tall grass where predators can get them, and the eggs. Sometimes my Hens like to share nests... and as you can see the accumulating egg pile can get out of hand real quick, lol.
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/PeepsCA/MsgBoardPics/201003082250494b95e1b97efe3-1.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/PeepsCA/MsgBoardPics/201003082247384b95e0fa94e73-1.jpg
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l589/PeepsCA/MsgBoardPics/201003111713034b99870f52e83_2.jpg

HAHAHA, love that last pic.... it's like the cartoon chicken sitting on a mountain of eggs..... classic!!

ZACH '96 :

Quote:
hmm.png

wink.png

Yes.... I'm glad someone said it ......... and yes I'm waiting too.... I've shown my birds.....
tongue.png

perchie.girl :

ZACH '96 :

Quote:
hmm.png

wink.png

Zazouse here at BYC has a pearled white. She called it a Pearly White.... There is some controversy that its not really a white.... I have no particulars. Its a very pretty bird. White birds here just as well paint a target on them. too many predators.

Sounds awesome...... I would probably prefer that to plain white, but without pics you can't really decide....​

Back
Top Bottom