Happy Chooks

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
I have a 2 1/2 foot (yes foot) long banana squash. I was also given butternut and acorn squash, which I will be baking and/or making soup.

Any recipes to share to use up banana squash? I've found a few on Food Network, but would like suggestions if you have a great recipe.

I detest that whole marshmallow brown sugar thing that everybody does with yams. I know a lot of people who do that to banana squash, too. Personally, I don't like sugar on my veggies.

I like my banana squash baked plain and served with real butter and a sprinkle of salt. It is also good cut into chunks and cooked into stew or roasted with the pot roast. I like roast pork with roasted squash, onions, and apples

Banana squash and the butternuts and acorns can be cooked and mashed and used in any recipe for pumpkin. They all make good pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread.

I detest that whole marshmallow brown sugar thing that everybody does with yams. I know a lot of people who do that to banana squash, too. Personally, I don't like sugar on my veggies.

I like my banana squash baked plain and served with real butter and a sprinkle of salt. It is also good cut into chunks and cooked into stew or roasted with the pot roast. I like roast pork with roasted squash, onions, and apples

Banana squash and the butternuts and acorns can be cooked and mashed and used in any recipe for pumpkin. They all make good pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread.
Good to know, thanks!

I did print out a stew recipe with the squash in it. Sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom