Recommendations for an egg candler

Scorpy89

Chirping
Jul 17, 2018
Lanett, AL
I’m currently trying to hatch about seven eggs, all brown. The candler that came with my incubator doesn’t show me veins. Just a general shape so I can not tell if my eggs are progressing past a certain point. Turns out it is an LED flashlight with an attachment.

And before anyone asks, They’ll be Production Reds

My cell phone light works just as well if not better than any of the other candler's I have tried.
Biggest recommendation... make your area as dark as possible, it helps. I personally candle from the top of the air cells.
What day are you on?
Happy hatching! :fl :jumpy:jumpy
The room is dark when I candle. I've tried from the top, all I see is the air cell.
Never thought to use my phone. Will try when turning batch two tonight when I get home.
I have two batches, batch 1 went into lockdown yesterday, batch two is only a week in.
FYI. I have two incubators.

I don’t think the light source makes that much of a difference . We took a small box,cut a hole to put a small flashlight threw . Taped it in , went into the bathroom held the flashlight handle and placed the eggs on the light in the box.

My eggs were also brown and I could see pretty good ,

Good luck
Production reds?didnt think we could hatch those ?

I don’t think the light source makes that much of a difference . We took a small box,cut a hole to put a small flashlight threw . Taped it in , went into the bathroom held the flashlight handle and placed the eggs on the light in the box.

My eggs were also brown and I could see pretty good ,

Good luck
Production reds?didnt think we could hatch those ?
New Hampshire Red + Rhode Island Red = Production Red
or at least that's what I've read.

Back
Top Bottom