Recovering from frostbite

Nancy Asselin

Chirping
Dec 29, 2019
My rooster got a bad case of frostbite from water from drinker dripping down to his feet! I’ve had him separated under heat lamp for a month now and he seems to be improving slowly. Just wondering if others have been through this time consuming recovery and also will he be a productive member of the coop again?

Were his toes frozen, and have they turned black? Frozen combs and wattles present little long term consequences. Frozen toes generally fall off and can impede a rooster's ability to breed.

Were his toes frozen, and have they turned black? Frozen combs and wattles present little long term consequences. Frozen toes generally fall off and can impede a rooster's ability to breed.
Yes his toes were frozen from water dripping down from drinking. I have switched to nipple style. He is now putting the worst foot down to stand, he is walking now but still limps

Back
Top Bottom