Recycled Coop using mostly found wood

kellymarie

Hatching
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Hi all,
First of all, this site is FANTASTIC!! So much info and ideas. It's so much fun to see everyone's pictures.

We've been finding and saving materials for about 8 months--we wanted to make a coop out of mostly recycled materials. We had a big find recently off of craigslist of some old wood, windows and some old hardware that made our material list complete.

I have to take some more pics over the next few days , but here is what we've done so far. We started about a week ago, and thanks to my Dad's help-- he's retired as well as handy with tools- the project went rather quickly.

It's almost done, my husband is doing the wire enclosure, and we are going to paint it too. We also have some finishing touches to do before the chicks get here next week.

The pictures are a bit out of order, the one on the bottom was taken from my deck, that's my husband powerwashing it!

I have some more pics that I have to download that show closeups of the sides/door/enclosure,etc.

Thanks for taking a look. Please feel free to comment or make suggestions.
~Kelly

Man thats going to be a nice coop
big_smile.png
keep up the good work

I am jealous, I have been working on mine for over 2 mos. now and still isn't done! Yours looks great, keep up the good work!

Looks great....I am doing the same thing,I have been collecting bits and pieces everywhere hopefully I will have everything I need soon..... my Chickens are out growing their current coop(also made form all recycled material.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great comments...It was so hard to narrow down the choices of designs and just get started. Once we finally got to work, things moved along quite well. It's raining out today, but I'm going to take some good close ups of the finished product and post soon.

I LOVE this site, for novice chicken owners like myself, it is just jammed full of great ideas and friendly people!

Thats really a nice place! I love craigslist! I have found everything for my ducks there, mostly for free. LOVE that free tab!

Back
Top Bottom