Red and sore, slightly swollen, bubbly smelly discharge eye (HELP)

Birdperson1000

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2020
Hello! I joined BYC almost 2 hours ago

I have a pet turkey who I believe is a male. He has a swollen eye and it's oddly shaped compared to his other eye which seems normal. Throughout the day I will notice bubbles in the corner of his eye and his eyes are very watery, the discharge coming from his eye smells very gross it's not coming from his nose or mouth, only his eye.
He doesn't act lethargic or sickly, he eats just fine and drinks plenty of water. He is very playful and I haven't seen a change in his behavior since I noticed the problem with his eye.

This has been going on for about 2 months and his eye hasn't gotten any better or worse.

Here's a better list of his symptoms:
- around eye is red and slightly swollen
- it's shaped differently compared to his other eye
- watery, smelly discharge
- bubbles in corner of his eye
- he holds his eye half closed sometimes
- he rubs his head onto his back

I've tried rinsing his eye out with distilled water and I apply Neosporin to the red swollen area.

Other info:
He is turning 1 year old in July, and the last time I weighed him he was about 18lbs, he eats Purina flock raiser. His poop is normal too

I was curious if I could treat his problem with this "broad spectrum bird antibiotic" called "Amtyl"

Here are some pictures of his swollen eye/normal eye and the meds I just asked about

Swollen eye:
20200618_113859.jpg
20200618_112612.jpg

20200618_113108.jpg

Normal eye:
20200618_112847.jpg

Amtyl bird antibiotic?
Screenshot_20200618-121305_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom