Red around eye

Hi there.

Did this just pop up or has it been like this?

When you compare the size of the actual eyeballs do they appear to be equal?

If so, I’d definitely try a course of terramycin ointment for 5 days, since other than not draining, it does look almost like “pinkeye”.
I think a good flushing with saline might help (and certainly wouldn’t hurt) before applying the ointment.

A favorite product of mine to use off label is this, it’s actually for use as a nasal mist but I’ve found it to be easy to use , gentle and effective as an eye wash :
13CE2327-EDEC-4D13-937B-A7F3E09E1593.jpeg

That doesn't look normal to me or I haven't seen that on any of mine. Maybe something has it a little inflamed? If you go to the feed store there is a product called Terramycin eye ointment that can most likely help.
Its like the eye lid is irritated.
Can she dunk her head in water to clean her eyes? @Nin8705
Ok thanks, yes they get clean water daily and they can dunk there heads into it.

Yeah that doesn't look normal to me either. I've had red eyelids before that were irritated, but nothing like that. I use ACV in their water to help keep eyes and nostrils clean - I'd try the ointment @Miss Lydia recommends and then maybe put ACV in the water once a week going forward to keep the eyes clean.
Great thanks, I have the ACV at home I just haven’t been as good as putting that into the water as I should be. They all get the niacin but I have been lacking that. I will start putting that in again and also get the ointment

Hi there.

Did this just pop up or has it been like this?

When you compare the size of the actual eyeballs do they appear to be equal?

If so, I’d definitely try a course of terramycin ointment for 5 days, since other than not draining, it does look almost like “pinkeye”.
I think a good flushing with saline might help (and certainly wouldn’t hurt) before applying the ointment.

A favorite product of mine to use off label is this, it’s actually for use as a nasal mist but I’ve found it to be easy to use , gentle and effective as an eye wash :
View attachment 1750186
I just noticed it last night when my husband brought it to my attention. The eyes seem to be equal but I will double check when I get home from work

Back
Top Bottom