Red bubbly eyes, lethargic.

Since Coryza is already present in other birds, most likely the rooster has Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG).
Birds can contract both diseases at the same time and it's very common. Not in this instance though.
The rooster has bubbles in the eye and has droopy eye, no foul odor, sure signs of MG. Tylosin will treat it as mentioned by @Eggcessive .

Pulled him out of his bed and gave tylosin drops. Will pick up some teramycin or one of the Ciprofloxacin, neosporin, or chloramphenicol mentioned. Here is how he looked in the middle of the night, dripping a non oderous slighly sticky mucousy substance.

This thread helped a lot, since many of my birds get this pink eye condition at the same time as coryza, I can treat them seperately. Still don't have a good handle on the coryza, my medicines arent working.

Screenshot_20211113-220733_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20211113-220755_Gallery.jpg

I agree, if there's no odor then it's likely MG. Try the Tylosin along with keeping the eyes cleaned and applying ointment. Do you have Tylosin soluble (powder) or ?

What are you using for Coryza? It is a bacterial respiratory illness, but Tylosin is not that effective against Coryza. A sulfa antibiotic is normally used to treat Coryza. Sulfadimethoxine, Sulfamethazine can be used if you have access to those. Tylosin could also be used in conjunction with the Sulfa antibiotic to help with other symptoms. Sometimes Coryza and MG are both present.

Still treating tylosin three times per day. Day two he was lethargic and not eating all day, but in the afternoon before bed he perked up and ate a crop full. I also treated with fenbendazole and he did have a few worms leave him in the morning. So this guy had worms, MG, and is getting coryza.

Pulled him in the middle of the night to give tylosin and his eye is starting to puff up and he is starting to get a coryza odor.

Today he is smelling a little and the puss was solid in the morning, but his eyes were not stuck shut anymore. I think he is getting coryza now, eyes are getting puffy and odor is slightly bad. Lethargic all day, but still has energy to walk and move around.

Right now this is the only MG/coryza case I am dealing with, so will keep trying. Another case is clearing up. I have a second bird that had it bad but is no longer needing any treatment. I may make a seperate thread for him because he also has feather loss.

@Wyorp Rock is correct. A sulfa drug in combination with an antibiotic such as Tylosin or Baytril will treat Coryza.
Personally, I would cull sick birds for whatever disease it is.
@Banana01 I know your situation is different, and I commend you for trying to save your birds. I wish you the best.

Yea, I dont need to cull. I have time to treat and they do recover but it takes a long time.

I agree, if there's no odor then it's likely MG. Try the Tylosin along with keeping the eyes cleaned and applying ointment. Do you have Tylosin soluble (powder) or ?

What are you using for Coryza? It is a bacterial respiratory illness, but Tylosin is not that effective against Coryza. A sulfa antibiotic is normally used to treat Coryza. Sulfadimethoxine, Sulfamethazine can be used if you have access to those. Tylosin could also be used in conjunction with the Sulfa antibiotic to help with other symptoms. Sometimes Coryza and MG are both present.

I have tried two different sulfa medicines and they show a little bit of effects, but not much. If their faces are really puffy, it seems to lower the swelling, but that is all it does. Ive done full flock treatments per the instructions for days and days. But the good news is it does clear up after a long time. Most of my chickens that had it bad have since beaten it.

I have tylosin drops.

I have been recommended by one of the medicine sellers to add antibacterial to my water. I read the label of the bottle and it said it was for use in disinfecting hospitals, but he said it was to put in their water. Do you know of any antibacterial that is safe to add to the water? Something they can drink every day?

I keep their water dishes clean every day, but there are lots of water sources where i am other than their dishes. I introduced coryza to my flock accidently from a chicken that i bought at the market, and it won't go away.

Keep in mind that both Coryza and MG cause chickens to become carriers for life if they survive. Anytime chickens are stressed, symptoms will occur again.

There is Tylan Soluble powder:
https://www.allivet.com/p-2102-tyla...erm=4583176782120344&utm_content=Tylan Powder

Others include: Duramycin 10, L-S 50 Soluble powder, Amoxicillin powder 10%. These are just a few I came across. I dont know the dosages, I've never used them.

I have tylosin drops.

I have been recommended by one of the medicine sellers to add antibacterial to my water. I read the label of the bottle and it said it was for use in disinfecting hospitals
Can you get a photo of the Tylosin drops (the package information) along with the antibacterial product (package/name)? That way we are all on the same page.

I'm sorry that you are dealing with this. Post some photos of the one that is losing feathers too. We'll see if there's any suggestions that can be made.

Back
Top Bottom