Red butt chicken

Stonernextdoor88

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2022
What is up with my hen. She's almost 2 so I understand it may be a molt but I'm not sure. Her bum area is red and warm to the touch. I looked all over her body for bugs and found maybe 2 lice so I treated her for that even tho I don't think that's the issue. She had this issue 6 months ago and I thought it was vent gleet and I treated her for that. She's herself for the most part but was hiding when I brought her inside.

Attachments

• PXL_20231206_164713627.jpg
    PXL_20231206_164713627.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 87
  • PXL_20231206_164622439.jpg
    PXL_20231206_164622439.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20231206_164442876.jpg
    PXL_20231206_164442876.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 13
so around the vent area I would say that molting but of how bright and its warm to the touch check for any parisites or bugs find any more say so could you try to get a better quality photo

What are you treating the lice with? What's her diet? How big is her coop and run? Fir how many birds?
These are all good questions. It would help if you did awnser these ones. If you do not know how to measure the square feet you measure feet with and feet length the multiply do the same for the hen house. What breeds are they are they the same age, any new flock members what protein% is in her food is there run all dirt what bedding and is there any grass or plants if treated take a picture of the package you treat it with

What are you treating the lice with? What's her diet? How big is her coop and run? Fir how many birds?
I'm using doctor doom poultry spray for the lice. She's on laying mash feed with treats of course. I have 1 birds that are 1 to 2 years of age. They have a 5 x10 coop and a 6x10 winter run. Summer run is 10x24ft with a trampoline that's fenced in that's attached. I use shavings in the run and coop. She's the only hen with this issue.

Thats what I would geuss to but just want to hear the awnsers because if it is a thing it could becausing somthing or just fix it for the future
I'm using doctor doom poultry spray for the lice. She's on laying mash feed with treats of course. I have 1 birds that are 1 to 2 years of age. They have a 5 x10 coop and a 6x10 winter run. Summer run is 10x24ft with a trampoline that's fenced in that's attached. I use shavings in the run and coop. She's the only hen with this issue.

These are all good questions. It would help if you did awnser these ones. If you do not know how to measure the square feet you measure feet with and feet length the multiply do the same for the hen house. What breeds are they are they the same age, any new flock members what protein% is in her food is there run all dirt what bedding and is there any grass or plants if treated take a picture of the package you treat it with

Back
Top Bottom