red feet??

Hennyhandler

SilkieJax
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
Cullman
I know that roosters feet will turn a little red when they get a little older. I had noticed that but today which has been one of the first pretty cold days I noticed his were really red and some of my hens were starting to turn red. Like right between the toes as a roos would. They walk normal and act normal. When I touched my roos foot he picked it up and stomped it like a horse would but I can't say this is abnormal behavior since I have never tried to touch his feet like that before. Could this be weather related? Like they are chapped from the starting of cold weather? This is all I can think of. Please if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks.

I was going to ask a similar question. My dark brahma roo is loosing feathers on his feet and the legs look very raw....is this just molting. He is just over 6 months old.

Mine do that red between the toes when it's wet and also when it's cold. I just figured it was normal. I can't help with the brahma roo, sorry. Never had a feather footed bird.

After more research...the whole leg looks raw and scaly...scaly leg caused by mites? I bought some spray and will treat tonight and every night this next week. The rooster is going to love being up close and personal with me this week.

Back
Top Bottom