Red feet?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by katanne555, Dec 7, 2013.

1. katanne555

katanne555 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2013
    Maine
    Hello, my chicken has been indoors for almost 7 weeks. We let her walk on the carpet sometimes, and I noticed the bottoms of her feet are red and very squishy. I can't remember if her feet were like this when she was outside or not. It doesn't seem to bother her too much, but I just wanted to make sure that nothing is wrong with her. Any help would be much appreciated :) Thank you
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. saltandpepper2

saltandpepper2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Are any of the scales raised? Can't really tell from the pic. If not, I wouldn't worry. I have a lot of Orpingtons, and when I first got into the breed, I freaked out because a lot of them had bright red streaks on the back of their legs, Ends up that this is normal for the breed, and for a lot of breeds with light skin/legs, and her feet could be soft now because she's losing her callouses from not being on rough ground. If it's not bothering her, don't worry about it!

3. katanne555

katanne555 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2013
    Maine
    Okay good :) thank you for your help

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    It looks normal to me. [​IMG] Many chickens have red streaks/red feet. One of my Silver-laced Wyandottes always has rather red feet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by