Red Foxes! How do I get rid of them?

Really the only thing you can do is make your run and coop predator proof. If you let them out, you will have to post an armed guard until you put them up. Predators of one kind or another will always try to get to your birds. You cant kill them all.:old
Exactly. I agree. I maybe be wrong abbot the coil traps, you would know better then I would, but I do know, that the 100% foolproof, and prementat way is to [redator proof. Opening up territory, will only bring more in. I think that foxes are the best predator to have in the area. Cougars, Coyotes, and Coons are much worse!

Please go ahead and tell us all what the 'better' way of killing them is.
I sugest not killing them at all. They don't need to eb killed. Trapping and killing sounds like an easy solution to a big problem, but it isn't fair, and there are much better ways. The animal is only trying to survive, it sin't reign to be mean or horrible. I am glad to help you predator proof your run, that, is what is going to solve the problem. ☺

Kids in this place acting like they know what they’re talking about is gonna ruin this place. There’s a ridiculous amount of misinformation posted constantly by people who have know idea what they’re talking about. It’s pretty sad when the OP with an issue has to sort through all kinds of crap that makes no sense handed out by children who just learned to use a computer or phone.
✌️ Have fun.

I sugest not killing them at all. They don't need to eb killed. Trapping and killing sounds like an easy solution to a big problem, but it isn't fair, and there are much better ways. The animal is only trying to survive, it sin't reign to be mean or horrible. I am glad to help you predator proof your run, that, is what is going to solve the problem. ☺
Ok. Say no more.
Please

Really the only thing you can do is make your run and coop predator proof. If you let them out, you will have to post an armed guard until you put them up. Predators of one kind or another will always try to get to your birds. You cant kill them all.:old
We haven't tried to kill anything we're actually very mellow folk and love all of nature's critters. The people being rude can keep those comments about us off of here. I asked for help we have not had any fox, coyotes or raccoons ever kill our Chickens Hawks here and there yes but not in years. To be rude is unnecessary and I said I would be looking into coil traps as I had never heard of them before since we do not just randomly go around taking out predators. This fox is dangerous it's coming during the whole day even while we are out by the coop! and I'm sorry if it upsets those who are against killing it but that option is not off of the table here. Again I didn't say we are killing ALL predators but I will seek help in taking out a predator that is that brazen to not even have any fear of a Human. We are securing the pen and my Husband's always outside with our flock the fox was so fast he didn't even hear a sound when he snatched up Blue he went looking for her as she wasn't in the flock going into the coop for the night and he saw the feathers just in the woods. We do love our Chickens they are part of our family the rest of them are 5vyears old and Blue was older so don't be preaching rudely that it's our fault the fox didn't come into the pen. Thank you for your suggestions. I'm asking for help and others opinions on it. I'm not rude to others and I expect that in return.

Last spring we had a red fox, it was taking away at least three birds every night.
And we actually have a fox right now that we are trying to trap/kill.

I suggest you trap it and kill it.

I know some people don't agree with that, and I'm not trying to hurt anyone or make a fight, I'm just saying what I would recommend doing.
And Thank You that is exactly what I'm saying and I don't appreciate anyone being rude about it I understand it's apparently a touchy subject for some but I do believe that for this particular fox it's got to go we have grandchildren that run around out in the woods and yard where this fox is stalking and they enjoy it when the chickens are out they come up to them looking for a hand out. And until now it's never been an issue this fox is dangerous and the mangie one. Again thank you for your advice I appreciate you!

Back
Top Bottom