Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Quote:
Well ........................ no ..................... not exactly . The cabinent 'bator has not been touched in 4 weeks or more and sitting under a tarp still needing a several hours work . I bought a Hovabator LOL .

Quote:
They're lookin' good Al . I'll see if I can post a pic of the dark Cornish I saw at the Eastern IA meet today . I think you'll like him , and the breeder's pretty close to where I live
wink.png

Steve : Yeah he's nice for sure, big & broad. It's a shame folks can't get that kinda bird from hatcheries or even close. I am going to the Nationals this year in Shawnee Ok, in hopes of making some more connections for my whites but last year their wasn't even one entered.

AL

Best wishes with the trip Al .

The breeder of that dark Cornish is getting whites in 2011 ; she told me from whom and said it as if I should have know who she's talking about [ as she also did with the line of darks she has ] . Naturally I had no idea who she was talking about . I should have written it down because you probably would know of them ; somebody from South Carolina if I recall .

I'll probably make arrangements to buy a cockeral from her next month after I get moved and settled .

Quote:
Thanks Steve it should be another good one, they are also having the National Pigeon show in the next Bldg over at the same time as the chicken show this year. I wish you luck with both your move and a good Cornish aqusition. South Carolina huh, I think I may know of whom she speaks but will have to check my directory to be for sure though. I like that Large fowl Cornish pro breeders are pretty tight knit bunch, still kinda hard to get good birds without the right connections LOL.

AL

Quote:
They're lookin' good Al . I'll see if I can post a pic of the dark Cornish I saw at the Eastern IA meet today . I think you'll like him , and the breeder's pretty close to where I live
wink.png

Nice bunch of birds.

I can call you Betty and Betty you can call me Al . . . . sorry I just start singing that whenever I see a post from Al
lol.png

so Al when is the OK national? what is THE bird show to go to where you can see QUALITY everything?
on another note . . . tempting possibility of obtaining high quality Shamo roo . . . I am soo tempted; thoughts boys?

Last edited:
Quote:
You have a wonderful voice, like that of a whiperwill on the window sill at first mornings light..............

The nationals will be held in Shawnee Ok at the Ag expo center on Saturday, Dec 11th, cooping starts on Friday, judging Sat, and awards on sunday along with coop-out. They are also holding the national pigeon show on the same dates at the same place but in another bldg over. There is always a huge sale room full of birds for sale and more in the parking lot if you know where to look hehehe. I rarely see shamo's & asil's for sale at these events, but sometimes if you spend alot of time on the coop room floor you can sometimes track the owners down and make a deal for delivery after the show.

I only attend on Saturday but I get there at 7:00am and normaly stay till 7 or 8:00pm, it is my time to reconnect with my show bird friends and see whats shaken in the show world and the upcoming breeding trends to come. You know what they say.......... you breed next year for what will win 5 yrs down the road. I do however try to buy as much good stock as I can when I go depending on what I need at the time, this year I have to bring a few birds up that have been spoken for a few months back. I do have Cornish deals in the works but won't count on anything till I see them.

I expect to see the best birds in the country there this year and they already have a 7500 bird consignment already and 4500 in pigeons. I too have been on the lookout for a decent Shamo Rooster and would even settle for a good Asil or a white Tuzo rooster.

AL

Tuzo Roosters.............. You can see all the influence these birds contributed to Cornish especialy the head, neck, eyes, back, chest, stance. I would love to have that leg length on my birds. Here's the deal you can't keep these roosters anywhere near each other or even in adjoining pen's where they can see each other, but they are great breeders.

10364_whitetuzo.jpg

10364_tuzockl2.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom