Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Thanks Steve I will. It has already gone down hill a bit I had planned to drive the car for comfort but the wife came home from shopping today with a flat LOL and there are all kinds of crazy warning tranmitters and stuff inside the tire on this Lexus, so I gotta wait till monday and take it in. So off to shawnee in the truck crapoloa LOL, didn't really want to drive the 1 ton tomorrow dang it. I don't really want to transport these high speed birds in an open cold windy truck bed, oh well I plan to suck it up.

AL

Started the 'bator today at noon for the New Years hatch . A baker's dozen EE and Ameraucana eggs hopefully fertilized [ a test egg looked fertile yesterday ] by a CX cockeral , a very few WLRC crossed to the same bird , and the rest Ameraucana over CX , SS , and GLW pullets with as many being CX as I could identify for a total of 42 . Hopefully this will produce the beginning of a flock of good performing , blue/green egg laying , dual purpose meat birds .

44349_eggs_004.jpg

Got home late last night from the Shawnee National Poultry show, it was a very nice trip, very nice. I got the opportunity to meet the best breeders of the best Cornish in the country, spent most of time on Cornish row having in depth dicussions on a wide variety of opinions about our favorite breed. I also got the opportunity to cement friendships and even a handshake on some birds for this coming years breeding & Hatching season.
I did However get some quality birds to take home thank's to a great friend of mine who was sandbagging some fantastic looking birds, I got a great WLR Rooster with a great pearl eye, got a White standard Cornish Rooster, and 2 really nice dark cornish hen's.
I will also be getting some egg's chicks and young birds come spring, plus what me and my buddy Charley hatch we should be sittin in high cotton by next Sept, with good numbers on the ground.

Here are a few pic's of what I saw Saturday. I will post pic's of the birds I aquired when I get out there to the bldg and do some pairing and moving some birds around.

AL

WLR Rooster
10364_img_1073.jpg

10364_img_1072.jpg

10364_img_1074.jpg

White Standard Cornish hen
10364_img_1077.jpg

10364_img_1076.jpg

And a special treat the ASOP winner......... a White Malay Rooster. He had to be 2 1/2 ft tall or better.
10364_img_1081.jpg

woot.gif
I was finally able to contact that breeder I met at the EIPA show , and am picking up a couple of very nice Dark Cornish cockerals this Sunday .

Quote:
Nice Steve, be sure to give us a good couple of pic's, you know we love to see good cornish LOL. What are your grand plan's for them ??.
AL

Back
Top Bottom