Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Quote:
I understand that cockeral's comb has benn frostbitten and still tall along with having the large wattles . My eyesight is not good enough to make out the details of his comb , but if you can find a few bumps lined up along either side of it , it would technically still be a pea comb ...................................... just a very poor one due to only having one copy for it .

Quote:
Hey , Katy
That is one gorgeous rooster you have. I love BIG chickens of any color. I'm wanting to create ginormous egg layers. Ones that will lay like a Leghorn and as big or bigger than Jersey Giants.

Quote:
How old is he ?

He is nine months old. He was always bigger than the other chicks. He is eight pounds now. He is very active with his ladies.

Quote:
Alot of double yokers.

True but hatch the BIG single yolkers.
thumbsup.gif

I went through the entire flock tonight , useing Ivomec pour on and an eye dropper . I'm bleeding from several spots , and pretty sure I've been wormed and mite-proofed .
tongue.png

To keep track of the Speckled Sussex , I dropped them into the next breeding pen as each was done . That big CX cockeral did not like me manhandling him , and also did alot of complaining as his girls squawked about being handled and were dropped into the next pen . The splash Ameraucana in the next pen [ a bad boy about tearing up other males ] squeezed through the gate when I sorted the SS back into their pen . Bad move , that big ole CX cleaned his clock pretty quick , and the escapee was plenty glad to get back into his own pen . I guess that got the CX's blood going , because he quickly covered one of the returning SS pullets .............................. getting in position for the " kiss " for the first time I've witnessed . I may be getting some chicks from the big guy yet .
fl.gif

Quote:
YAY!!!
I did the same routine with my flock today lol pretty sure I also now have no worms!
Since I have so many the same color this year & they were all running around the yard; we blu coted their left foot as we did them. I now have a stylin' flock and a blue left hand! Will do the right foot next week when we worm again.

Back
Top Bottom