Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Touchy phone screen. It replied before I was ready.

I have come into some meat birds (rooters), not really sure which ones though, I have one that looks like a Red Ranger. I think I might keep him and see if I can get me some bigger hens out of him. I have hen that is half EE and half NN Thai I think will fit in with him she is bigger that the typical EE. She has produced some offspring with my Naked Neck that are turning out very nice sized. Going to be bigger than the daddy.

Haven't checked this thread in a while.

My flock is alive and well. They have started slacking on the laying as the days shorten, but finally no broody hens, Got two eggs today.

Haven't checked this thread in a while.

My flock is alive and well. They have started slacking on the laying as the days shorten, but finally no broody hens, Got two eggs today.
One would think that maybe I typed those words, as I could say something exact the same.

Maybe it's genetics?

These things and going broody sure can generate a headache from time to time! I still have two silkies running around, and these Cornish still make the blush!

PS- I had a great year hatching out the accidental Brahmas. Looks like lots of blue laced.

big med...

My most impressive chicks this year are white. I suspect they are sired by my really cool made Dark cock, and their mothers are my original white hens from you. The other pedigree option would be the original white cock bred back to his one year old daughters.

I have about 3 of them that are just plain massive at every stage of life thus far. They almost remind me of the CX birds with how thick and stout they are built from the ground up.

If I can muster up a few min., I'll try to get some updated pics of the flock today, or maybe this weekend. Depends on time, and if it rains or not!

Since I promised an update with pictures- here is some showing the dark cock (year and half old), and some females that just happen to make the background.

Plan for next year is run my best white cockerel from this year's hatch with all my dark and blue laced red females. I think this is 2 of each.

Plan is to run this guy with my best three bodied white females, which I suspect will come from this year's hatches as well.

Those will be my two pens to hatch from. If you can't tell- I'm trying to turn the highly desired white color- into the body style of my dark birds; which I find is very appealing to me!

Will run all remaining white females with the old white cock. Prob will not hatch any eggs from them- but might offer them for sale.

I haven't shipped any hatching eggs in two years, have basically ignored all the requests. Think I'll have more time next year, and will resume helping get other people into this awesome breed. My other daily obstacles have been drastically reduced.

I have one cockerel left this year that has not sold yet. I believe a lady in IN has spoke for it, pending a picture I'm getting ready to send her. I have found the demand for these birds great this year- and have not butchered a single one.

Side note: I have some Brahmas from the big medicine blood that I would consider selling. They are really magnificent birds, but unfortunately with only a 3 pen coop-- I don't have the room for them. Nor do I have the ability to dedicate myself fully to two breeds. Pictures available. I sure hate having to sell these birds, but fortunately, I know a great place to get them again if I ever have the need!

Thanks for the updated pictures. Nice birds, true looking Cornish.
Appreciate it, but my birds still need plenty of work to get to looking where I want them.

I've had them now 4 years maybe- and with that said, I've really made tons of progress.

Back
Top Bottom