Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

Quote:
Yup, Shamo will put some legs on Al's project birds.
thumbsup.gif

I don't know how I missed that post from illia, thanks for bringing it up knjinnm!
Steve - you are the best, thanks for bringing that thread to my attention!!! guess you didn't notice on the auction one I'm already the high bidder
smile.png
)))

Quote:
Y'know, I kinda figured she's been bidding because of that.
lol.png

I'll say, I have been lurking on this thread and find it very educational and interesting, loving the pics. . . And I'd certainly love to help add to the collection of projects going around. I for one and certainly in the middle of this:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5041/5371407032_e2299dd42d_z.jpg

+

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5083/5348252934_55b3df5b94_z.jpg

After these two join, I'll keep a barred pullet from them, who should lay decent brown eggs, and cross an Araucana to make sex-linked, green egg laying meat birds.
smile.png

(the Araucana I chose over Ameraucanas for many reasons, and boy do I love going on about why I'm doing my projects. I'm getting very obsessed with meat bird projects and the genetics behind them!)

I guess I should of looked to see who was bidding LOL .
Illia , I processed an Araucana X frizzled Cochin cross cockeral last fall at the same time as a Salmon Favorelle ; that crossbred had a much better meat carcass [ I agreed to take them in a swap that included me getting a cockeral I did want ] . I'm not a fan of the Araucana with missing oil glands for preening feathers , feathered legs of Cochins , frizzled feathers , or tufts with a lethal gene related [ though this cockeral was clean faced , he was rumpless and feathered legged ] ; but the young guy did have some excellent meat qualities and was pretty big . Inspite of his rumplessness and feathered legs , I was a little sorry I did not use him .

I got that dead bird processed , then decided that since I had cleaned the bathtub already , to run outside and use a hydrant to rinse off the pieces . Its so cold here that my wet hand froze to the hydrant handle LOL .

Nice looking boy. Muzzles a little short for what I like but overall he looks like a solid dog. Nothing wrong with a good ole bully!

Honestly I think the lethal tufted thing is SO overrated. It only works if you breed tufted x tufted, which few to no Araucana breeders do. You get the same rate with tufted x non tufted anyway, just without the death.

Well, my auction is over. . . Went to a guy who's never posted here before either, heh.

I just can't wait til my first meat project chicks hatch though. I have less than 2 weeks left.
smile.png

Katy, I'm very interested in your own project birds - Have pics? And by CornishxRock, do you mean Cornish X or actually Cornish x Plymouth Rocks? I'm kinda biased against Cornish X's, so even them in my genepool isn't something preferred.

steve - beautiful boy! that's my daughters dream dog.
Illia - I have both, let's talk . . . and who was that guy??? I went out to dinner and came home a looser!

Haven't a clue. Emailed me after that, but otherwise never heard of him before. He's from Gamefowl country though (Okie)

I'll post another auction probably on the 31st. Right in time for my own Shamos to hatch, too.

Well then Katy, show me some pics and tell me of your stuff.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom