Red Laced Cornish X and project talk (pics p. 8)

steve talks as if he's been to my house to see my birds-- yet as far as I know-- he's never been here.

must have stopped by one day when I was not home.

the rest is in regards to his comments...

if you actually read it, it makes sense.

Not bad size for a pullet egg.

It's from one of my F1s, and I cracked it open expecting a double yolk. It had only one yolk, but with a soft shell separating it from the white. Young pullets often seem to take awhile figuring out the art of laying eggs.

ep.gif
thats a big egg for a pullet.
Not bad size for a pullet egg.

It's from one of my F1s, and I cracked it open expecting a double yolk. It had only one yolk, but with a soft shell separating it from the white. Young pullets often seem to take awhile figuring out the art of laying eggs.

ep.gif
thats a big egg for a pullet.
If they can get by the short life span that others have ran into with crosses off the CX, these birds have more than met my hopes. They're big, meaty, and even as first-egg pullets laying as large or larger eggs than an adult Ameraucana. Plus the egg color is more blue than green.

BTW, the chickens that were smoking when you visited turned out looking nice and tasting even better.

Last edited:
Steve???

Y ou never answered my question-- when you stopped by, what did you expect to find? And what day was it? Next time let me know, and I'll be there.

droolin.gif
Im going to have to try smoking some chicken, and maybe a duck.
If they can get by the short life span that others have ran into with crosses off the CX, these birds have more than met my hopes. They're big, meaty, and even as first-egg pullets laying as large or larger eggs than an adult Ameraucana. Plus the egg color is more blue than green.

BTW, the chickens that were smoking when you visited turned out looking nice and tasting even better.

Steve???

Y ou never answered my question-- when you stopped by, what did you expect to find? And what day was it? Next time let me know, and I'll be there.
I was pretty sure that the pure DC, that I gave you to upgrade the culls that I sold you for $7, had died a long time ago, and wondered about the white chicks that you have called Cornish. The DC [that you recently said on the Cornish thread that you are going to breed his daughters to, and said you would take a picture of] has not been seen on your place for some time. The white chicks may possibly have some Cornish in them. I have nothing that I want to sell or give you, you have nothing that I want to buy, and you have to move soon anyway.

I was pretty sure that the pure DC, that I gave you to upgrade the culls that I sold you for $7, had died a long time ago, and wondered about the white chicks that you have called Cornish. The DC [that you recently said on the Cornish thread that you are going to breed his daughters to, and said you would take a picture of] has not been seen on your place for some time. The white chicks may possibly have some Cornish in them. I have nothing that I want to sell or give you, you have nothing that I want to buy, and you have to move soon anyway.
you never answered my question- when did you stop by? You know details of penning assigments that only someone who could have seen in person, or pictures would know... and I have not taken any pictures.

PS. you might not know as much as you think you do about my darks.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom