Red Pyle Bantam Hen isn't laying

furrybollocks

Chirping
6 Years
May 26, 2015
Houston, Texas

Hi there,
This is my old English game bantam, Marilyn. She's eight and a half months, and she laid her first eggs back in December. She laid two eggs that first week, and since then I haven't seen a single egg from her. She's always with the other chickens and she's never disappeared, so I can't imagine that she might be hiding a clutch somewhere in an attempt to brood them. She's perfectly healthy and her crop feels normal. Is this just because she's a bantam, or should I be concerned?

Does it feel like she has a egg does she feel big underneath? If it feels normal meaning not big or feeling like something is in their just give her some time. I had this happen a couple times just make sure she gets outside a lot and has bugs to eat
1f604.png

She doesn't, I haven't noticed or felt anything abnormal on her at all. They have full rule of my backyard and get plenty of bugs and mealworms... I'm just not sure what it could possibly be.

I wouldn't be too concerned then. Obviously she gets plenty of nutrition! I know how you feel it can be scary I have a hen who is doing the same thing she is out all the time eats plenty and doesn't lay.

Back
Top Bottom